A morning to remember

devildogae

I can almost smell the fresh cut grass and the morning dew. I can almost hear the engines starting up at the crack of dawn. I can almost see all the canopy's strung along in rows, reds, blues! I can see all the beautiful bikes standind proud with their racing colors on. Everyone is smiling and busy getting prepared for the day. I smell gas and hear wrenches turning. Generators running trailers. This is what I've come to love, this is Heaven. :tothetrack:

avizpls

#11-A
Are you published yet? I've got a friend in the biz, man. You could be going places.

That said, as I let my dog out this morning, I squinted in the sun and even heard birds chirping. Immediately, my mind went to the things you describe. It was my first bought of impatience and anticipation for the first day of the year.

matt2212

madmanr1;301145 wrote: Attention in the paddock...attention in the paddock!

The riders meeting starts in 5 minutes

If you are not already walking you are LATE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denbsteph

madmanr1;301145 wrote: Attention in the paddock...attention in the paddock!
:adore:

Man!!!!!!!!!!! When I hear that first call for "A" group, my whole body goes into a complete state of "OH hell YA, here we go again" The butterfly's are really going now, I can hardly stand it.

I prepare for the ritual zone, the leathers, boots, helmet, back protector and gloves are on. I find my chair and go to the spot that will set me up for the entire day. The mind frame is in it's correct mode and it's off onto the bike.

Man I love track days!!!!!!!!!

devildogae

I get crazy butterflies before I go out for the first time, I loVe it! Hana! It's like I'm sixteen again and I'm about to go on my first date haha!!

jsnow74361

Oh man

I miss that to can't wait to get that feeling again In wera race I was watching the 1st race. I must have read the race sheet wrong because after that race they called my race I was like wow no leathers no boots on bike needed gas I ran to pits and 5 min board went up girlfriend AMY got the gas and tire warmers off and I'm getting gear on fast as I can get on bike and took off with everyone looking at me running late got to the gate and they said no warm up 2 min board went up had to go on track turn around and get in my spot 18 row last spot no points for the year first race green flag drops and I took off in 6 laps I got to 5th and I beat they guy that one the championship in my class ya ya ya , Can't wait to hit the track and racing this year

Meat

No matter how many times I go to the track, I am always really nervous until at least my first session is complete.