Advanced Group Coolants

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Non-glycol products are approved in the Advanced group.

This will be updated in the riders manual. We will not list each product, but as long as it's 100% glycol free (non-glycol) coolant it is approved for the Advanced group. We will reserve the right to modify this policy due to new chemicals or new information on existing chemicals in these products.

We have watched new products come to market in the past several years that have been met with positive feedback by the tracks, safety crews and riders.

Racerboy

Know the Toe
ok then, No matter, just to be complaint, I'll run wetter or straight water, even though my Yamaha race approved coolant says glycol free, still smells like Prestone!

Poper

I mix a 1/2 bottle of WW with distilled in my BMW rad and swap it mid season.

Bring on April!

Poper

I followed WW instructions with distilled for 3-4 years on my CBR. Took engine out for transmission service and my tech couldn’t believe how calcified my water pump was. After that I started with 1/2 bottle. It’s cheap.

bmart

Control Rider
Was it clean before that? I suspect it may have been crappy beforehand... Curious to know!

Poper

I bought the bike new from dealership (07’ 600RR was a hot whip that year!) and kept up regular maintenance.

Again, the 1/2 bottle is probably overkill.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I followed WW instructions with distilled for 3-4 years on my CBR. Took engine out for transmission service and my tech couldn’t believe how calcified my water pump was. After that I started with 1/2 bottle. It’s cheap.

Mine probably is too, despite using distilled water. I've heard to flush with vinegar or something, I've just never bothered. That may bite me in the ass someday....but I no longer have my '07 engine anyway. I have a '13 now, but still...

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Dumb question here, and it is for me not a friend :), but is Propylene Glycol, like Engine Ice, allowed?

I know most coolants have ethylene glycol in them and that is hard to get off the track surface.

bmart

Control Rider
When I bought one of my current bikes, the drain bolt was actually rotted. I can't believe that it came out in one piece. Never, ever, let anyone else work on your bike!20190701_182831 sm.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Dumb question here, and it is for me not a friend :), but is Propylene Glycol, like Engine Ice, allowed?

I know most coolants have ethylene glycol in them and that is hard to get off the track surface.

Not according the manual. "Non glycol based" means no propylene glycol (Engine Ice) or ethylene glycol (traditional crap). Propylene glycol is still relatively slippery.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I know it's a pain but the rule is there for good reason...it takes one front end tuck after hitting anti freeze on track and you'll be a "pure water/water wetter" convert after that. It's literally like hitting a patch of ice, and there isn't shit you can do to try and save it.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I understand why the rules are the way they are....as a CR I wish the N and I groups would also comply with the A group rules....just say'in. Now, if "they" would just invent non-slippery oil..........:eek: