Advice/Help

Alec Wade

Can someone please walk me through selling my 2015 cbr1000rr when I still owe money on it. This will be my first time selling when I still owe money on a bike. I am looking to downgrade to a track only bike. I financed through Honda not a bank. Thanks guys!

Alec Wade

Well I dont have the money to pay it off for the title or else I would. I am just confused on the complications of how to sell it when Honda has the title.

tdelegram

Control Rider
You’ll have to let the bank know your selling it and have the buyer or you send the payoff to secure the title for transfer. Unless you lend them your plate, registration and insurance they can’t plate or insure the bike without the title so it’s a PIA for the buyer. I would expect to make some price concessions to attract a buyer otherwise they could find an equivalent ride they can get on the day they pay for it.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Well I dont have the money to pay it off for the title or else I would. I am just confused on the complications of how to sell it when Honda has the title.

It's sometimes state to state based, but if you can sell the bike and do the deal at either of your banks, a notarized bill of sale often makes both parties feel more at ease to sell/buy the bike. You don't need the title in hand to put insurance on a bike (the ins company is happy to take your money for you, at least in my experiences...). Up to you and the buyer, but allowing them to take the bike with them after they paid you, and you meet up again to sign the title over after you get it and the deal is finalized is the most often course of action.

Or, take out a personal loan for the balance left on the bike, pay it off, and sell it with the title....hope you're not upside down on it.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Save your pennies and get a well set up track bike that's a couple years old. They pop up all the time here and on the WERA classifieds.

Alec Wade

Yes, I am trying to find something around the 4k$ range. I am not upside down either. I am hoping the buy is understanding that I need to pay off the lender to get the title is all. I don't feel comfortable pushing on a 12,000 bike, I would like a 600 I can beat down on and eventually race.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You can race anything you want. Race a lawn mower if you want. They do that in the rural redneck parts of America and have a blast doing it.
PJZocc did his provisional weekend on his Aprillia RSV4.

Try a race weekend before you start making all these financial moves and incur a boat load of hassle and credit rating potential for chaos to get rid of the CBR1K.

You can pick up a Grom/XR100/Ohvale/TTR125/CRF125 and race MiniGP on a kart track if you want to stir your competitive juices.
As I mentioned in another thread today, my son and I just got back from our first WERA weekend racing our Ohvales in their 50 mini and 80 mini classes.

There were only 5 racers on the grid....but our lap times dropped seconds every time out...and when the green flag said, "GO" I dropped 5 seconds from practice times both days.
I was 240 pounds on a 150 pound/15hp bike and I had a blast.

Sunday practice 1 I was riding around with my son showing him some lines he could run to clean up some of the places where he was losing time, and next thing I know, the little sh*t's drag racing me down the back straight....he's tucked...got his throttle pinned and looking over at me
with an evil grin on his face.

We got trophies for showing up basically....but we were there. Race days go by fast, too.