Anyone ever done Turn 1 at CMP?

Snow

Just wondering if anyone has been to a Turn 1 TD event at CMP before? It sounds like a good time (Open track atmosphere). The only concerns I have are sharing the track with the cages(No, not at the same time) and them bringing more sand onto the track, you all know how sand can build up in turn one right out of the pits. I'm looking forward to it, it begins my 2009 season, March 7th and 8th. Maybe some of you NESBA folks will be there, let me know.

MajorCB

I've done CMP a couple times now, I never really had any issues with turn one, what you do need to watch is sometimes the emergancy crews have to pull trucks out on the track to get a bike and leave sand lines behind.. lsat year I watched a dude hi-side infront of me as he passed me going into 11-12... looking back at it.. I saw tire tracks with sand lines in them... I missed that dude by 8-10ft... there might be alittle sandyness coming off of the pit entrance onto 1... but I think its minimal... 3-4 can sometimes have alittle on the edges.. but I never had an issue with it... Have fun this year!

JohnS

CB, he is asking about riding with another group named Turn 1. Good info though.

Snow, never heard of them, sorry.

John

buwamd

I've heard of these guys, is this who you mean?

http://www.turn2.ca/

If your talking canada CMP I live 1 hour away and road there 8 times last year, I aveverage 2:14 to 2:17minute lap times depending on tire wear. Just hold onto your balls in turn one you can even take the grass through there to pass people if your using both hands to hold on.

zangman

Snow;38444 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has been to a Turn 1 TD event at CMP before? It sounds like a good time (Open track atmosphere). The only concerns I have are sharing the track with the cages(No, not at the same time) and them bringing more sand onto the track, you all know how sand can build up in turn one right out of the pits. I'm looking forward to it, it begins my 2009 season, March 7th and 8th. Maybe some of you NESBA folks will be there, let me know.
I rode on Feb 14th at CMP with these guys. Three groups, 2 car groups and 1 bike group. Before the bikes go on the track they go out and check the track for any debris and sweep if they need to. Very professional. Tech is WERA tech so a bit more to do. Derek and Mark ran a good event. There were only like 8 of us riding that day so it was nice. CMP management even gave 4 of the "garages" to us bike guys for free since they weren't all rented out. Very cool of them.