Barber details Nov30-Dec01

Rich

Looking to attend the Barber event Nov30 - Dec01. I've been to the facility several times for the Vintage Festival, but this will be my first track day there. Just looking to get a sense of what is available in terms of garage rentals, camping, fuel, all that information that typically is posted closer to the event date.

Thanks in advance. I'm new to track days just starting this year and have attended three events, two of them with N2 and all at CMP. I'm thinking Barber is a nice way to close the 2019 season.

-Rich

tdelegram

Control Rider
Rich,

Welcome aboard, I’ll try my best to help out but there will be others with better information:

• Camping is allowed at the track Friday and Saturday night, it does get down near freezing in the evenings so if you’re tenting make sure you have enough bag or an electric heater and power source. They do have pits with power poles you can rent as well.
  • There is a fuel pump on sight, but like all tracks they tend too be way more expensive than regular 93.
  • They do have garages but you’ll have to contract the track to reserve and rent .
I’ll be there for sure just not sure if I’ll have my little trailer or large toyhauler, either way I’ll be pitted on the same leve as the fuel pumps and snack bar and will be on a blue r1 with 112 and a black and orange rc8 also with 112. If you need something swing by or just stop by to say hello.

thanks,

Tom

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Rich...Tom covered most. I will post up the gate opening time when we get closer to the event. Once open, gates are open 24 hours. Everyone must pack up and depart immediately following the event. There is a food vendor on property. There are not garages for rent. Weather / temperature is always a question in late November, so be prepared for anything. We typically shorten the last session of the day due to the sun setting on the back straight. We will have a pot luck / BBQ on Saturday night in the tech garage. Sequence for the day is the same as any other track day. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Rich

Thank you Tom and Kappy, I appreciate the information and I'll continue my planning then to camp at the track Friday and Saturday night.

LowSparkChris

I'm considering riding my bike over from Kennesaw, GA and just being a spectator one of the days at Barber...would it be worth my while to make the trip and check out how things run?

Fahad

Hi Chris,

It might get boring as a spectator really fast :) and I am sure you will get the itch to ride

My suggestion is if you have never been on a track - check with N2 and see if they are still running the "try the track offer" where they let you ride for 2 sessions for free and get a feel for the track

If you like it, you pay to stay for the rest of the day, if you dont, there is no love lost

If you do decide to go, do you think we can carpool together (I am also in Kennesaw) with our bikes on the trailer - assuming you have a big enough car, I can get a trailer rented

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CBRtist

I'm considering riding my bike over from Kennesaw, GA and just being a spectator one of the days at Barber...would it be worth my while to make the trip and check out how things run?

It depends on what kind of rider/learner you are. Many people are overwhelmed by the track experience on their first day, and coming out, asking questions, checking out people’s set ups, and how operations are run, could be very helpful. In fact, not only do I encourage some people do this, but we conduct our “track tours” to cater to these people.

I’m not sure if we are offering 2ups at Barber, but you may be able to add that to your visit, if so.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
It depends on what kind of rider/learner you are. Many people are overwhelmed by the track experience on their first day, and coming out, asking questions, checking out people’s set ups, and how operations are run, could be very helpful. In fact, not only do I encourage some people do this, but we conduct our “track tours” to cater to these people.

I’m not sure if we are offering 2ups at Barber, but you may be able to add that to your visit, if so.

Only a couple staff members run 2-ups during track days and I'm not sure if anyone that does that will be there.