Best place to stay near NC Bike(Garysburg NC)?

CBR-Los

I’m probably a little late on this but I just found out my wife and daughter want to see me embarrass myself on the track, NC bike July 25th.
My original plan was to load up Friday night and head out to the track first thing in the morning.
Now that my wife and daughter want to come along, I’ll be loading up Thursday night and heading out Friday afternoon. I need to find suitable accommodations for night.

You guys have any recommendations?

Also, will I be able to set up a paddock spot Friday night? I’ve contacted NC Bike about reserving a spot, just haven’t heard from them yet.

Thanks

gixxer4251

There's hotels an exit or 2 south of the track in Roanoke Rapids. Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn along with places to eat. Most times I leave Greensboro area Friday evenings and set up my pit then hotel it for the night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CBR-Los

You’re in Greensboro! How cool, I’m in High Point!

You’ve never had any issues leaving your bike/trailer at the track over night? I’d like to set up Friday night too, just nervous about leaving stuff unattended in an unfamiliar area.

Thanks a bunch for the insider info.
Most travel/hotel apps suggested Roanoke Rapids, this confirms that’s the way to go!

bmart

Control Rider
In Roanoke Rapids, I'd stay in only Holiday Inn and Suites. Folks have chimed in a lot about major issues in the others (drugs, bugs, etc.). I would try this place if I didn't have points to use. Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids.

gixxer4251

I've never had an issue leaving my stuff at the track overnight. I figure if i have to trust these folks on the track, i can trust them not to mess with stuff while I'm away. Ha

CBR-Los

Thanks bmart and Gixxer!
Hopefully by the end of this track season I’ll have a clue on how to logistically make this stuff happen!
Till that time comes, I’m very thankful for those of you with experience lending advice!
Thanks again!

Arioch

I've never had an issue leaving my stuff at the track overnight. I figure if i have to trust these folks on the track, i can trust them not to mess with stuff while I'm away. Ha

I once communicated this concern to a fellow rider. He looked around at all the expensive motorcycles and gear at the track, and then looked at my stuff. "I think your safe."

CBR-Los

Yeah, I hear ya Arioch! Funny, I never even thought of that.
Thanks for putting things into perspective!
I haven’t been to a paddock the night before an event to see what’s left overnight. But I sure did see A LOT of set ups and bikes A WHOLE LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than anything I’d like to take to the track!
I’ll just park next to a brand new Ducati or Aprillia.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Spots are first come first serve. Typically the road area by the 2nd entrance to the paddock is for staff.

Never have had issues at any track leaving items out.

I should be getting down there mid afternoon that Friday, if you need any help/advice.

Roanoke rapids is a short drive from the track, pick your favorite hotel.

CBR-Los

Thanks Kruizen.
I’ll be there around 6pm Friday night.
How would I identify you?

I mentioned reserving a spot because the NCbike/car Website mentions that spots with power outlet have to be reserved and paid for.

I’ll probably just pick up a cheap generator anyway, so a powered spot doesn’t really matter. Just wanted to make sure I could run a few fans in an attempt to keep my family comfortable.

thanks again for all the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it.

bmart

Control Rider
Hint: If you bring a generator, please prepare to put it away from others. It is REALLY wearing listening to a generator all day. There are a lot of them that are REALLY quiet ( I have a 2300 Ryobi that is super quiet).

Come say hi!

Kruizen

Control Rider
I’ll be bringing bike 930, bmw. Typically try and Pitt down by the staff area, not sure what Vehicle I’ll be arriving in at the moment since my truck is going to be in the shop earlier that week

Know more by Thursday prior

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Late to the party, but this is good intel to know. I visited the track last month (to meet and buy someone's bike there). The primo spots seem to be along the main road and just along the first right-hand turn.