Bob, ARE WE RIDING OR NOT?

noobinacan

gursesl;302321 wrote: Hey Bill,

How many riders do you need to secure the track?
From Bill earlier

OK folks, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with VIR and Monday, March 31st is still open. TPM opted not to go with it. I can get it done but in the short time I've got, it may not happen if there's not enough interest. The rates did go up a little bit with the new pavement so I would need 60 riders at $200 for the day to commit for Monday, March 31st. I'll run three groups as "Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced". I know most of the "A Group" folks so anyone that I don't know I will require proof of previous advanced group riding. I do have VIR North on hold for 1 week under my business, Shell Enterprises, LLC with no commitment. In order to see what kind of interest there is, I'll take a $25 refundable deposit at shell015@gmail.com. Feel free to email me at the same addy if you have questions.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Bill

shell015

noobinacan;302323 wrote: From Bill earlier

OK folks, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with VIR and Monday, March 31st is still open. TPM opted not to go with it. I can get it done but in the short time I've got, it may not happen if there's not enough interest. The rates did go up a little bit with the new pavement so I would need 60 riders at $200 for the day to commit for Monday, March 31st. I'll run three groups as "Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced". I know most of the "A Group" folks so anyone that I don't know I will require proof of previous advanced group riding. I do have VIR North on hold for 1 week under my business, Shell Enterprises, LLC with no commitment. In order to see what kind of interest there is, I'll take a $25 refundable deposit at shell015@gmail.com. Feel free to email me at the same addy if you have questions.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Bill
Exactly. I've got a lot of "hell yeah!" but little action in the few hours that I posted this. So the more "fully refundable deposits" via PayPal that come through in the next week, the better.

wallacew

********edited because anger was pointed in the wrong direction*******

This whole thing is freaking terrible. Every number I've called for NESBA is disconnected. No response on email. I know I've only lost a little as compared to most, but the whole thing is freaking terrible. Why is the forum still up? Shut this mess down, it's just full of negativity anyway.

Sorry for the vent, fellas. I'm done here.

bmrboy

wallacew;302326 wrote: ********edited because anger was pointed in the wrong direction*******

This whole thing is freaking terrible. Every number I've called for NESBA is disconnected. No response on email. I know I've only lost a little as compared to most, but the whole thing is freaking terrible. Why is the forum still up? Shut this mess down, it's just full of negativity anyway.

William ... Yes there has been some anger vented , I think it's only natural though !! we all hate to see the club that we have grown to love & have been loyal to for years , fail in such a way ... The NESBA family [us members] has nothing to be ashamed of , we tried to do our best promoting our club values & integrity ... we voiced our thoughts , offered to help anyway possible
but to avail .... so the only thing is to pick-up the pieces & and move-on , I DO HOPE THAT SOMETHING CAN BE SALVAGED !

If the ship is to sink ... let it go with integrity & great memories .... enough said. :(

roy 826

wallacew;302326 wrote: ********edited because anger was pointed in the wrong direction*******

William just come on back to Wera and let's race. Grids are up a bit this year we had 6-7 experts in the A classes at Talladega. :D

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
bmrboy;302334 wrote: William ... Yes there has been some anger vented , I think it's only natural though !! we all hate to see the club that we have grown to love & have been loyal to for years , fail in such a way ... The NESBA family [us members] has nothing to be ashamed of , we tried to do our best promoting our club values & integrity ... we voiced our thoughts , offered to help anyway possible
but to avail .... so the only thing is to pick-up the pieces & and move-on , I DO HOPE THAT SOMETHING CAN BE SALVAGED !

If the ship is to sink ... let it go with integrity & great memories .... enough said. :(
Personally, I'm sadden at the demise of NESBA SE and, presumably, all of NESBA (since someone mentioned the lines were disconnected).

Anyway, had an offline convo with a member about this: it may be a good idea to harvest members' contact info (name, phone, email) while the site is still up. Or encourage all to register on PRE, if not already.

Just sayin'.

I have fond memories of NESBA from when I started in 2002, left and rejoined in 2010. :(

- O

Teh_K

virtualsolitude;302351 wrote: Personally, I'm sadden at the demise of NESBA SE and, presumably, all of NESBA (since someone mentioned the lines were disconnected).
I think what he meant to say was that the voicemail box is full and not accepting new messages. I called last night and the lines were not literally disconnected, but the voicemail box is still full. Doesn't really change much for the SE, but I felt the need to clarify.

Southerly

I emailed Bob to ask about refunds, and got this response:

We are working on a procedure to get everyone refunded. As soon as i have the process completed i will be sending an email out to everyone

It looks like the lights haven't been turn off just yet.

matt2212

Southerly;302378 wrote: I emailed Bob to ask about refunds, and got this response:

We are working on a procedure to get everyone refunded. As soon as i have the process completed i will be sending an email out to everyone

It looks like the lights haven't been turn off just yet.

It's called chapter 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynlow69

I wonder if any of this is a reflection of the rainy season we had last year that resulted in low turnouts leading to troubles keeping the doors open?

CBRtist

Blame it on the rain?

Come to think of it, there are a lot of parallels between this and Milli Vanilli.

But I digress.

flynlow69

I agree for sure on poor communication.

The business side just wondering how any club made it through. Crazy to see so many bike pictures in the classifieds with rains on the :)

matt2212

I'm out

I hope to see all of my friends here in the future, somewhere else.... Those that I don't I will miss you, good luck in all of your future endevors.

The people of nesba have been like family to me, I always looked forward to seeing all of you at every track event that I could make...

I love you all

Teh_K

matt2212;302591 wrote:

A BUNCH OF ALLEGATIONS REMOVED BY EDIT

I'm out

I hope to see all of my friends here in the future, somewhere else.... Those that I don't I will miss you, good luck in all of your future endevors.

The people of nesba have been like family to me, I always looked forward to seeing all of you at every track event that I could make...

I love you all
Matt - any sources for those allegations? Or, are you making stuff up?

matt2212;302606 wrote: At the request of someone that I respect I removed my post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have it saved on my phone email, I understand your points and frustration...Like you and a lot of us..I just want to ride!!I hope everything works out for all of us...Scott

StringBean27

I've been in the hospital the last few weeks and all I was thinking about was VIR in march. Now I get on here and can't believe what I'm reading. Hope this is all a BIG misunderstanding, but at this point probably shouldn't get my hopes up.