Buzzed

I was buzzed once or twice by a CR at NCCAR the weekend of July 20-21. I would dearly love some feedback privately about this. I thought I behaved well duringf the pass, but wondered if I did everything correctly. PM is best. Thanks to all the CR's for the work they do.

jcrich

???

:D

bumble_bee.png

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
And if you did something real wrong they would have found you. As long as you didn't make any abrupt changes and felt safe and confident you're good. Did you learn anything from the pass, maybe you can go quicker in that spot?

Blipstein

I am assuming "buzzed" means closely and quickly passed. If a CR passes you closely you can assume that you were riding predictively enough to where they felt comfortable to do so. That's a good thing.

ADVRacer

I don't know if it was you or not but I was following a quick rider and a CR down the straight when the other bike passed the CR without the wave-by. The CR promptly passed the rider and tucked in front to make the point. Was this what you were referring to? If so, the point is, regardless of where you're at, you must wait for the wave by to pass a CR. This is different from TPM. If you need to get a CR's attention, show them a wheel on the left and they'll usually wave you by.

Slow Steve;282627 wrote: And if you did something real wrong they would have found you. As long as you didn't make any abrupt changes and felt safe and confident you're good. Did you learn anything from the pass, maybe you can go quicker in that spot?
Thanks Steve. Yeah, I'm very slowly stepping up my corner speeds to develop my traction confidence. appreciate the reply.

Blipstein;282629 wrote: I am assuming "buzzed" means closely and quickly passed. If a CR passes you closely you can assume that you were riding predictively enough to where they felt comfortable to do so. That's a good thing.
Thanks Matt. I'm trying to stay on the lines the CR's use and not wander all over the place. The cones out there for tip-in and apex REALLY help. So does all the rubber the A-group leaves on the track LOL

beac83

Blipstein;282629 wrote: I am assuming "buzzed" means closely and quickly passed. If a CR passes you closely you can assume that you were riding predictively enough to where they felt comfortable to do so. That's a good thing.
This. A CR won't pass you closely unless they fully believe that it will not upset you. It also means that they know you know what a proper line is and that you will hold it and not do anything sudden or foolish.

Near the end of my time in :b:, I was passed a lot at relatively close quarters by CR's.

Blipstein

daddyfriedrich;282666 wrote: Thanks Matt. I'm trying to stay on the lines the CR's use and not wander all over the place. The cones out there for tip-in and apex REALLY help. So does all the rubber the A-group leaves on the track LOL
Pretend that the CR's rear tire is painting a line on the racetrack that you should follow

I really like the part about "near the end" LOL. I'm loaded up with some Dunlop GP's now and will be working my butt off doing stretching and strength to improve my body position. Gotta get my face into the mirror-space;)

Blipstein;282791 wrote: Pretend that the CR's rear tire is painting a line on the racetrack that you should follow
I do, but I have some problems (fear) with following them real close. They also tend to leave me in the dust pretty quick:wow:

dbakerpa

They are good about getting back in front of you if you start to loose the line again. I know if I have a rider behind me and we are really smoking the corners and then they get off my tire and pass on the straight they will start to loose the line once they are by. I think this means keep doing what your doing but pay close attention to the line and corner speed. It sounds like they were eyeballing you for a bump.