calipers?

Kneedraggin101

The cbr calipers on the k6 require a 14mm spacer to be added in order to get proper alignment with the rotor

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

mark1200

i'm scratching my head a bit here.
it seems to me that using a large rotor caliper, on a smaller rotor bike, would require material to be removed rather than added?
r the legs in the newer cals, shorter than the old cals?
Thanks for your help on this guys.

Kneedraggin101

I've explained this above, but I will again. You are trying to compare 4 different pieces of motorcycles that contain different sizing. The Honda's fork legs incorporated longer lug area's with the shorter based caliper to get the size they were looking for.

The Suzuki has a shorter lug area and a longer base on the caliper. Both designed to get the total rotor spacing required. Using the cbr caliper on the Gsxr 1000 fork, will require you to ADD A 14MM SPACER. As I stated above. Not much complicated to understand here man.

mark1200

Kneedraggin101;297821 wrote: The cbr calipers on the k6 require a 14mm spacer to be added in order to get proper alignment with the rotor

i see where the confusion is now.

this was the question i asked

"if i put 08= cbr1 cals that use 320 rotors on an 05 with 310mm rotors. do i simply get some material milled off of the mounting area or can u change up spacers? "

i didnt notice in your reply that u thought i was putting them on a gsxr, and u didnt notice that i was putting them on an 05 cbr6.

ok, r we on the same page now. lol :D
thanks for the patience

jcrich

Kneedraggin101;297834 wrote: No you won't

Sorry should have qualified, went from 300mm to 320mm rotors on K4 750 with the R1 calipers, so i did require longer bolts.

mark1200

i found the answer:
Remove the spacer and u can run 09 cals on an 05 cbr with 310 rotors. Add the spacers and run 320 disks.

Thanks

nokturnal

you would be better off changing your master to a nice brembo unit... you will likely notice more difference than changing calipers. imho

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;296905 wrote:
What's your complaint with the brakes you have now? Have you tried different pads? Brake pads can make a world of a difference, along with a fresh bleed/new brake fluid in your system.
This is my question as well. Honda's calipers always seemed to work well. I had an older '01 CBR 929 with non-radial calipers and the stock set up worked great, both track and street. I just upgraded the pads.
Later on, I added a Brembo 19x18 master cylinder, just because. There was really nothing wrong with the stock master. The Brembo gave more feel, but not a noticeable increase in braking power.

mark1200

i just do about 8 track days/ yr not racing. been at it for only about 5 yrs
i ride a 2000 cbr6 and my 2pals rides the 05's. i get to do all the maintenance.
we were just talking about an inexpensive upgrade , and started talking brakes. we dont have the budget for a full on true brembo system. i just thought i may be able to find a good deal on some used parts that would perform better than what we have now.
i realize that on my 2000 , i would have to make up a bracket to accept the radial type cal's but i think i can have them made for around $100.
i have put an 06 636 radial master on my 2000,i use Friction performance 95 pads. I only notice a slight upgrade in feel. i am using racetech fork fork valving and a penski shock.i change the brake fluid once a year.
i dont have any serious complaints about my brakes but, i have never used brembo stuff, so lucky for me, i dont know what im missing. lol
it just seems to me that a more modern brake setup would give me added feel and power .
i have read in bike magazine shoot out reviews that BMW and cbr's have very good brakes. so u was thinking of getting some newr cbr parts. i notice the BMW master is 19mm as opposed to ther cbrs 17.5mm. now i'm wondering if the 19 would be better?
so i am just looking for advice on the best bang for my small buck, pocket.
thanks for the feed back.