CMP and NC Bike changes?

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. Does anyone have any updates on these? I heard a rumor that some paving will happen this week at NC Bike but no news on adding runoff. The last rumor I heard about CMP was saying repave would be coming in July. I'm so stocked for the season!

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
NC Bike has been posting some updates on Facebook. They cleared out the runoff area at the hairpin as of March 5th, not sure if they are just going to throw down grass seed to finish it. There was a post on March 3rd about getting ready to pave the new "shortcut" they created.

tdelegram

Control Rider
CCS is scheduled to race there in August.
I know, it’s part of the Atlantic series and I am kicking around running a whole series again, long drive would rather take small trailer but if they don’t have showers and bathrooms corrected it’s going to be a miserable weekend. Does it get hot there in August?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I know, it’s part of the Atlantic series and I am kicking around running a whole series again, long drive would rather take small trailer but if they don’t have showers and bathrooms corrected it’s going to be a miserable weekend. Does it get hot there in August?

I remember one weekend in particular was absolutely brutal. Randy and I both drank over a gallon of water and didn't pee all day. Farrell was there too I believe...he'll vouch for "that" weekend.

But even on a normal summer weekend...if it's nice and sunny out...you're gonna sweat, no doubt about that.

tdelegram

Control Rider
By the time that round rolls around I’ll know where I stand and if I still want to chase points. I need to make some big strides in my riding if I want to get close to the front of the expert pack.

teresa23

https://www.facebook.com/richard.bell.927

Richard Bell posted a drone video on Facebook, March 12th, but here's one of his pictures:
89657495_10220858950654127_9034071486427561984_o.jpg

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I saw a picture on the NCBike page of them adding concrete to the edge of the track. I think they're adding curbing. Also, the owner hinted at having a plan for paving the paddock but gave no details.

2blueyam

I am thinking that is going to be interesting hauling around there CCW with your knee on the deck and then needing to scrub off speed to make the new section. Stand it up to brake a bit and widen your entry then cut it in sharp? Should be fun experimenting with that as long as you don't forget it is there and come into it too hot.

CW looks pretty straight forward if you wait long enough before you turn in. Clearly it will be a little more challenging for cars, but that is not my problem. :)

bmart

Control Rider
Easy to move to "the old track" for run off if you need it, CW or CCW. Seems super safe. It will be interesting loading the front end a little for the slight change in direction/speed/lean angle.

Loving the run off at the end of the straight. WOOT!