CMP post report

Huey130

Director
Race Director
Where dem pics at? Not just Raul's but your pit and travel shots?
If you've never been there: what do you think of the track?
What did you think of the new pavement? In my opinion it was ammmmmaaazzzzing!
Facilities are awesome and they're going to get even better! Owners / mgmt are awesome!
Anything you'd like to see different?
How was the snack bar? I never got over to it. I saw the lemonades from the food truck and wanted one but was always busy.

bmart

Control Rider
Dear Huey,

Thanks for being in charge at CMP. I had a hoot. your questions:

Is there a way to turn on an auto sizer when we upload pics? I have a bunch, but it is a PITA to resize all of them for posting. I even have one of you!
My first trip wtih new pavement, but I had 126 days and almost 16k miles there.

LOVE the layout. Turn 12 is really great now (it used to be like a washboard). The rest is much improved, but the bumps in 5, 7, and 10 were a major detractor and I hope that they address them before next season.

Facilities are awesome and they're going to get even better! Owners / mgmt are awesome!
You've got that right. things are really coming along there!

Fix bumps. Clean bathroom. Enforce reserved garages. Improve intercom. Add a BIG clock in garages. Fix power (many garage outlets are physically broken or don't work.)

How was the snack bar? I never got over to it. I saw the lemonades from the food truck and wanted one but was always busy.
I didn't go this time. hopefully it is a new person. The last few years this was a guy who bought muffins at the grocery store and resold them. The lady that they had before him was AWESOME!

Huey130

Director
Race Director
Dear Huey,

Thanks for being in charge at CMP. I had a hoot. your questions:

Is there a way to turn on an auto sizer when we upload pics? I have a bunch, but it is a PITA to resize all of them for posting. I even have one of you!
My first trip wtih new pavement, but I had 126 days and almost 16k miles there.

LOVE the layout. Turn 12 is really great now (it used to be like a washboard). The rest is much improved, but the bumps in 5, 7, and 10 were a major detractor and I hope that they address them before next season.

You've got that right. things are really coming along there!

Fix bumps. Clean bathroom. Enforce reserved garages. Improve intercom. Add a BIG clock in garages. Fix power (many garage outlets are physically broken or don't work.)

I didn't go this time. hopefully it is a new person. The last few years this was a guy who bought muffins at the grocery store and resold them. The lady that they had before him was AWESOME!

Reservations: Theyre using a RV registration app on their site and I think it works amazing! They were on board with the issues of the holding of the actual spots. They'd mentioned cones that the person with the reservation could move and also working with the gate attendant more.

PA: They're working with the guy that did Road A and VIR! If you haven't heard the PA at VIR before it's AMAZING! Like concert level.

Power: When we were there they were going through the RV area and swapping ALL the 30amp breakers! I'm not sure if they had plans further than that but I'll be sending them a weekend recap.

Also:
Pit out: I talked to them about the layout and they said something like "When we were repaving people kept asking about it! We wished we'd of known prior to that." I drew a quick pic of what I thought was good and they were happy to see it! I basically put a left turn at the end of pitlane and had it blending in on the outside of two. That way you could start accelerating onto the track and have that little straight to blend in before 3.

Huey130

Director
Race Director
Windows has an app called Resizer or something like that that allows you to right click and resize. Make sure to save it as a new one.

bmart

Control Rider
Flying high...

20200830_071219sm.jpg

Handsome crowd...most of them.

20200830_081840sm.jpg

What ARE they thinking about???

20200830_081856sm.jpg

Fast guy. Maybe it is just a hat rack...

20200830_082627sm.jpg