Corona house arrest

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. Like many, we're under house arrest here in Charlotte, NC. For others in the same boat, what are you guys doing to fill the time? I've hung a bird house, trimmed branches, almost completed a valve adjustment on the 400 (always short one shim!), made some minor bodywork repair, and finally gotten the VFR shock back (it needs to be installed). The track bikes don't need much more and will be ready for the post-corona season.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Just cleaned and went through my coaching bike, found a cracked engine mount which should be an easy fix. Changed the gearing too. Cleaned dirt bikes and changes air filters and got a few other ready for spring, need to wash and wax my daily driver then out for a side by side ride with the misses and a couple dogs. Primary bike is ready waiting to go hopefully cmp or pirc following week.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Finally decided my 2 times crashed 750 fairing was just too ugly anymore. Broke out the fiberglass, bondo and primer. It's now looking passable and just deciding if it's worth it to paint it up. I don't have Emerson skillz but probably could make it a 10 (or maybe 30?) footer......:laugh:

tdelegram

Control Rider
I spoke to Brenda at PIRC, once the governor lifts sanctions they are ready to go, so hopefully Trump won’t see his shadow and we do t get 30. Ore days of quarantine.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I only have 3 more weeks of home improvement projects.......Already have 2021 and half of 2022 firewood in the shed! :mad:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I'm essential and working more now than before all this shit started. Until they close the Federal government, which will never happen, I'm still bustin' my butt off.

chrisplm

Chris
I'm essential and working more now than before all this shit started. Until they close the Federal government, which will never happen, I'm still bustin' my butt off.
I hear ya Jim. I'm not government, but part of the "essential" supply chain and we have been working like crazy!

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Keep batteries on charger, clean and new tires to start off the season fresh.

Working from home for almost 2 weeks now saves gas money for tires this season and I have a desk with a window so another plus.

Kurt_Orban

Still wrenching on the sv650 build I started. I think I've polished everything I can think of to pass the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

pjzocc

I’m in healthcare so business as usual for me there. Wife is a teacher so her and the kids trying to maintain a normal routine (The Wife is putting in more hours than she ever has actually).

That aside... oil change on the generator, little house projects here and there, yard work, garage douching, but been cooking a lot. Experimenting with different recipes, and giving my meat grinder a workout. 15 pounds of gourmet burgers, breffast sausages, and gonna do about 20# of Italian sausage this weekend.

And bourbon.

2blueyam

I focused on the street bike maintenance and upgrades first, since I can actually ride that bike now. Tuono has a Hepco & Becker sport rack and hard case now, replacing the Ventura rack and soft bag. Much nicer looking, more compact, weatherproof, and lockable. Tuono is washed, oil changed, chain cleaned and lubed. I bled the SV brakes and had MRP put gold valves in the SV's GSXR carts and reinstalled them. In a static bounce test, the front end is now in sync with the rear instead of collapsing first. I discovered the TRS is a good way to hold the bike up while you do this test. The real proof will be when I get to the track of course. I still have to do the fluids on the Generator, R1 and rest of the SV as well as reinstall the batteries in those and the trailer. I also plan on changing from Red to Yellow on the SV MotionPro throttle. Then bodywork back on and ready for a track day. I am guessing June at the earliest.