Courtesy question

Scb762

If my riding scares you, just imagine how I feel
Oct 3, 2022
Harrisburg, PA
If it’s wet/light rain, all i have are DOTs to use. I don’t want to be a speed bump for the guys with the “right” tires. So, is it “common courtesy” to just wait out the wet conditions? Or… just go ride because “it’s the overtakers responsibility to pass safely”.

I don’t want to “ruin” anyones session but i’m also not scared to ride in the rain. Just looking for a general consensus so *maybe* i won’t look like an a-hole

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Mar 3, 2021
You're not going to be anyone's speed bump out in the rain.
Just ride your ride being smooth and predictable.
You'll find the bulk of riders won't even go out when it's raining, so you'll have the track more or less to yourself.

Enjoy! I find the rainy sessions to be pretty peaceful..

jonobrin

Oct 10, 2022
Pittsburgh
You're not going to be anyone's speed bump out in the rain.
Just ride your ride being smooth and predictable.
You'll find the bulk of riders won't even go out when it's raining, so you'll have the track more or less to yourself.

Enjoy! I find the rainy sessions to be pretty peaceful..
Second that. Last time I went out for a rainy session at Pitt Race, it was me and two others. Great time to work on your lines.

Reactions: Scb762

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Mar 3, 2021
Second that. Last time I went out for a rainy session at Pitt Race, it was me and two others. Great time to work on your lines.
Glad you had fun!
Should be a good chance to experience why there are 'wet' and 'dry' lines. May find grip levels to be pretty different.

@Scb762 do you have a pinlock visor and other wet riding gear to help? There are plenty of good tips to help you be successful in the rain.

Scb762

If my riding scares you, just imagine how I feel
Oct 3, 2022
Harrisburg, PA
Yes, i have a pinlock in my clear shield. As for “wet” riding gear.. not really. Is there anything you can recommend?
It’s a bit last minute because i’ll be at summit main this saturday

Reactions: MK3Brent

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Mar 3, 2021
Yes, i have a pinlock in my clear shield. As for “wet” riding gear.. not really. Is there anything you can recommend?
It’s a bit last minute because i’ll be at summit main this saturday
Not totally necessary, but it really makes a difference... rain suit.
I've got a Taichi rain suit that goes over my leathers. (Put them on the suit before you get into it.)
Here's a link to STG: https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/rs-taichi-racing-rain-suit-nxr003/

A breath guard over your nose in the helmet also helps a good bit reducing fog at the bottom of your visor below the pinlock.

Bring lots of dry socks and some towels for the paddock. :cool:

bmart

Control Rider
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
And you'll laugh...but you can cut holes for arms and head in a big trash bag and put it inside of your jacket/top, or outside. Mostly wet all day isn't all wet all day. :)

Cheap rain suits, tops and bottoms, are available nearly everywhere. Just get one that isn't going to shred in the high speed wind. Breathable is better, but the "sauna" plastic versions will keep most of the rain out.

If it is mid 70s or higher...just get wet. :)