Dunlop Sportmax Q3 vs Michelin Power Supersport

pjuanfish

I am getting ready to get new tires. I am going to track my street bike this spring/summer for the first time. I have 5 year old Michelin Pilot Power 2ct tires now which need to get replaced.

Thinking of switching to Dunlops everybody seems to be suggesting getting the Dunlop Q3 tires. Suggestions?

Any major differences between the Dunlop Sportmax Q3 vs Michelin Power Supersport?

Note: I will be riding on the street as well as track.

crash675

I have always liked Michelin on the street but I have heard good things about the Q3 also. Flip a coin...thats how the important decisions are made lol

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I've run Q2's and Q3's on the street, and have taken the Q3's to the track on my non-track bike. They're a great tire IMHO. Both the Q2's and Q3's have been awesome on my Blackbird on the street. Certainly not a high mileage tire, but that's part of the game.

DUG

Q3s cannot be beat, They don't need warmers, and are as fast as race tires up to about an 8 to 9/10s pace. After that they do get greasy. But that's still plenty fast enough for a track day. They are also available everywhere with DEALS to be had.

KCLARK

Q3s cannot be beat, They don't need warmers, and are as fast as race tires up to about an 8 to 9/10s pace. After that they do get greasy. But that's still plenty fast enough for a track day. They are also available everywhere with DEALS to be had.

Don't know about that, I just swapped out my Q3's form some Michelin Supersport EVO's and im about to see. Last set I had before the Q3's were the Michelin CT2's and I felt like I took a step backwards with the Q3's (turn in is way slower with them), so we'll see in a few days how these new EVO's compare. Cant wait to get them over on full lean!