First Track Day Bike Prep

Mopediah125

Hi all,

I am riding at Homestead in January for my first track day and am a little worried about passing tech as its a long drive. I don't want to replace functional components yet I also want to ensure everything is within tolerance such as brake pads, rotors, tires etc. Here are a few questions.

1. As long as everything is within manufacturer wear spec will I be ok?
2. How is tire wear measured(I've got a decent set of Q3+ Dunlops but I don't know how much wear is permitted)?
3. Can Dupont Tyvek tape be used for the lights(it adheres well with little residue)?
4. Is a rear brake fluid reservoir required or will the tygon delete kit suffice?

Thanks for any input! I will be changing all fluids, using water in the radiator, and safety wiring fluid points and critical hardware.

Motofun352

Control Rider
1. OK. the chain should be on the loose side of the spec to allow for full up and down swingarm movement.
2. You'll want at least 50% tread left.
3. As long as it stays puts and mostly blocks the light.
4. Rear brake needs to work, type of resv. not important.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome!! Good questions, good input above. Also, if you haven't read it yet, do check out our N2 Riders' Manual. Lots of good info in there!

Do make sure you have sufficient brake pad left, you'll use them harder on the track.
Thanks for safety wiring! It's only required in Advanced group, but we do encourage it in all groups, much appreciated!

Relax, have fun, ask the CRs for help.