Forks stiction

avizpls

#11-A
So my forks seemed a little sticky...not operating as smotthly as I think they should. Problem is I have nothing to compare them to. So I took the front wheel off and noticed something. There is a bit of play to each forks inner tube. It moves around within the outer.

I just rebuilt these, so the bushings are brand new. The motion isnt significant, I dont even know how I'd measure it. But it IS percievable. Should there be any at all?

Thanks

JRA

avizpls;40522 wrote: So my forks seemed a little sticky...not operating as smotthly as I think they should. Problem is I have nothing to compare them to. So I took the front wheel off and noticed something. There is a bit of play to each forks inner tube. It moves around within the outer.

I just rebuilt these, so the bushings are brand new. The motion isnt significant, I dont even know how I'd measure it. But it IS percievable. Should there be any at all?

Thanks
I can't give you an answer about the stiction but there should be a slight amount of movement between the inner and outer tube.

avizpls

#11-A
Thats good to know. Made me nervous. I guess this is in line with the "brake drag" question. The answer is "thats normal" but to someone who never noticed it before, it makes us wonder! Thanks!

avizpls

#11-A
crap. I thought they would live off of the fork oil! I didnt actually grease the oil seals during installation! This is a problem, huh?