Good track times for lightning?

akosi

I did lightning this past Saturday and got a time of 1:12. I'm new to times so I was just wondering where that time stands. Is there a website that has this info for all the tracks?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Since it is not raced by the motorcycle orgs, not sure that you can find times. I believe the track record on a 600 is 1.07.???

1.12 is a good time around that course. It is a very high average speed course

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I remember in 2010 Eric Stump did a 1:05.7 on a GSXR-600 when ASRA had races there. I'm sure someone's set a faster time by now.

buzz-06

You guys need to stop, based on those times I might as well be riding a damn Segway around that place.... Seriously though a 1:05?!?! Did he even touch the brakes?!?

GriffinD

Stumpy is crazy fast. Even crazier that he doesn't even finish in the top 15 in the AMA races. :wow:

akosi

Damn that is moving! Thanks hopefully this next year I can improve my times. I am debating trying CCS next year for fun but thats if I can get the money together.

boatsnhoes

I use the RaceChrono app for android and just stick it under my passenger seat. Thunderbolt last weekend I was running 1:49 and Lightning was 1:26. Also used the clicker lap timer on the bike itself and was close to the readings. I feel weary about concentrating on clicking a lap timer though . . .

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Looked like I was turning consistent 14s there. A couple of high 13's here and there, with a couple of low 15s when I got lazy and didn't down shift to 3rd where I should have and stayed in 4th. Not bad. I'm happy for my first time at that track. Found a lot of places I'm just totally dragging ass at. Hitting 11's, hih 10's shouldn't be hard at all. I'm tippy toeing into the bowl, which is just absolutely destroying my drive out onto the straight. Easily 1.5-2 seconds there I'm adding because of my crappy entry speed. Consistently knew I was braking too early going under the tunnel...still did it every time. I'd end up scrubbing way too much speed off for the left hander. FML.

I had MarkBilt work his magic setting up the new Ohlins. He transformed it into a TOTALLY new bike. It felt like I was riding a different bike every time I went out - in a much better way, but it was hard to consistently take advantage of the new setup he would set for me each time out. I think it's pretty damn close to being dialed in now, getting some seat time on this set up should help me a ton.

ridelater

when ccs raced there I was doing 14 and was middle to back of the pack amt. If you want to have fun and run upper amt you need to do 10-12 that what most were doing. ex. were all south of 10. those times are a few years old now. I would figure fast guys that hit this track alot are going much faster then those times.

Arabelle55

idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.