GoPro mounts and locations

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. I'm finally joning the GoPro world and hope that you'll chime in with great ideas and pics about where and how you mount your cameras, tethering them, and camera settings. I see a lot of videos on YouTube that primarily show someone's legs/butt, or dash/sky. I'd like to avoid that... Thanks!

bmart

Control Rider
That look pretty sweet. Can you post a pic or three of how/where it is mounted? Is it not in teh way of the helmet in full tuck?

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
I put mine on the nose of the bike, and overlay the data.....don't mind the slow laps....:)

tdelegram

Control Rider
Brian how many lenses have you replaced? I went through 4 lenses on the go pro cubes there and swiched back to behind the wind screen. Brad look though wind screen, I have it wired to a wire routing clip on my frame. Down side is you can’t see dash but it’s out of wind and doesn’t shake much. I’ll see if I can do a pic of view from camera next.

76C1E6F2-CFF0-4DD3-BA5C-6CD126CEFACB.jpeg

bmart

Control Rider
Thanks, guys! I got a chance to try it out a bit over the weekend mounted on teh tail, facing forward and rearward for a few sessions each. I can see it on the GoPro and through the app on my phone, but can't seem to get any of the GoPro software options to load on my laptop so that I can edit. Once I get past that, I can try an overlay and post something. I also tried posting right to youTube from the camera, but it kept timing out.

Back to mounting...I received a few mounting kits, like Legos, to play with over the nest week or to. I want to be able to run it on the street bikes too, on occasion. I also added multiple chargers, batteries, mounting clips, etc. It is a whole (financial hole!) new world.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Brian how many lenses have you replaced? I went through 4 lenses on the go pro cubes there and swiched back to behind the wind screen. Brad look though wind screen, I have it wired to a wire routing clip on my frame. Down side is you can’t see dash but it’s out of wind and doesn’t shake much. I’ll see if I can do a pic of view from camera next.

None, I have an old liquid image ego. I run it inside a waterproof case and just clean the case every session I run it, most of what ends up on it is rubber and the odd bug.

I have had one session get nuked by a large bug splat on the out lap but overall that is rare.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director

View attachment 8082
Looks like the guy behind might want a bump.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider

View attachment 8082

Nice pic! When Dave follows you....never mind. :D

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
I've put them mid way down the side of fairing. Forward to see the front wheel and facing backwards to see my foot placements. On the triple to see forward though the windscreen and backwards to see my head and upper body movement. Granted that the 1st gen one so no fisheye lens so limited view.