Great Weekend at Beaver

MikeK

Thumbs Up for sure!

Weather turned out perfectly and the rain held off for both days. Great to be back out there with Stegman, Judy, PJ, and Tammy - lots of fun everyone mixing it up.

Always forget how much fun that little track is until I get back out there, it was great chatting with the old school guys and laughing it up.

Extra thanks goes out to Buck for flipping our tires late in the day, much appreciated.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, great times for sure!! I love da Beave! Thanks to Buck and Todd and all the CRs for an awesome weekend!!! Thanks to Jon and Jessie for organizing the taco bar Saturday night!

ekraft84

Was there anyone there mounting tires? I was on the fence about going, mainly because I didn't know if anyone there would be doing tires.

Thanks.

standout

I have to say Sunday was my first trackday and I was very impressed with nesba and there staff as a whole. The cr's were great and I learned a ton. It was a lot to take in in one day but I am definitely hooked. I meet some great people and am really bad with names but want to thank the cr on the black r6 with the black skull and crossbone arai lid. Not only did he tech me but also gave me pointers and had me follow him at least a little every session.

Two suggestions I might make is to explain the track reference points in the beginners riders meeting for us noobs. I went two sessions before a cr noticed my sloppy turn in points and explained to me what the cones meant. Also change the manual for the intro riders. I had a buddy do intro and he had to rent leathers even though the manual says different. It wasn't really a big deal but it may be to some.

rk97

I had a fantastic weekend. something 'clicked' with my riding, and I just felt comfortable going faster. On top of that, my off-season conditioning seems to have REALLY paid off. I was still tired, but it wasn't slowing me down. It seems like Jeff and I would both say, "let's go out and take it easy this session," and then proceed to go fast anyway.

big thanks to all the NESBA staff members this weekend. I know the WERA races pulled away a lot of Control Riders who would otherwise have been there, but things ran really smoothly considering how full "I" group was.

I really have to convince myself not to pack up an hour early on Sundays. That last session was a great time!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
word up....had a great time. Good running with all ewes. That damned turn 10 ate my lunch all weekend.

Saw a couple 3's so i can't complain much. new can on its way!

Thanks for everyone coming out to the taco bar. Was great sitting round and shooting the shite!

Bseville

Yes great weekend! Weather was on our side for once. I also seen some 3's for my first time. Had a great time mixing it up with all of you.

JohnS

It was great to see some old friends and I had a blast with everyone in the I group.

Buck, thanks for the late day tire flip on Sat!

PJZOCC624

Giddyup! Man, what a great turnaround from the early weather reports! I swear that Beaverun is the Bermuda Triangle of the northeast... it has its own odd, strange weather patterns and EZ-UPS disappear without a trace or warning. Great to see all the familiar faces and meet some new ones. Hope to see yas out there again this season!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Ditto. Bunch o' fun and weather was awesome. Couldn't get out of the 4's due to the horrible brake fade problem. Don't use Ferodo Sintergrip Race Pads. They're awesome for about 3-4 track days and then are useless. Brian Blume talked me into trying the Vesrah SRJL XX's. Will have em on next time, and for that price they better friggin' last awhile. Oh also got the Bazzaz QS coming this week too. Gonna be a hoot next time.

See everybody in July!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Other than the heat on Saturday. Felt like VIR in August or something. I hadn't been there since 8/08. I left the track back then with a personal best of 1:01.79. I had a mission to see 00's at some point this weekend and running on old tires, I just wasn't sure if it was in the cards. Sunday at lunch, Buck spooned on a new 211 and I thought I might give it a try. After one session of getting used to the tire, the next session was going to be the one. I got out behind a guy who was testing with two other riders for an endurance team. Our first flying lap was a 1:01.61 and we ran three more 1:01's in a row. I knew I had a little more in the tank and when he pulled in to switch riders, I put my head down and let her fly. 1:00.61 came first, 1:00.42 came second and 1:00.19 came last. I didn't even realize I hit the first two until I came into the pits.

Everything felt great and I didn't feel like I was on the edge or anything. Also, I just picked up a sweet STM slipper clutch on the way home from the track. Thanks again Finn for the eBay sniping on the Blackberry. I'll be back soon and I will be licking the Beave the next time I'm there!

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Hey jim, thanks for the tow around one session, after that tow i really started to drop the hammer the rest of the day... you did however increase my hatred for litre bike even more...i think i did a good number on my stock master in the braking zones (since you were murdering me on the straights) to keep up with ya, it faded out real bad!

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
Had a great time at the taco night! Thanks Jon and Jessi! Special thanks to all the cr's and directors (tire changers, cr's). It had to be a rough weekend for all of you with the heat and shortage of CR's. I don't know how you do it. Thanks again!!

Too bad you couldn't get the "fastest man in B group" happy, but I don't think anybody ever will.

Casper

Thunderace;133800 wrote: I will be licking the Beave the next time I'm there!
I just spit coffee all over my computer; it's to early to laugh this hard.

You were flying out there!!