Hello from New York

Hello,

My name is Andy and I just signed up with NESBA after lurking around for a few months.

I live in "upstate" NY near the border of NJ.
I ride an 08 Honda CBR 600RR.

I've been riding motorcycles for about...2 years now. My first bike was an 06 Ninja 250 which I rode about 1 year before I got my 600RR.

I'm really looking forward to my first trackday which will hopefully be on 5/16 at NJMP Lightning. I think I'm on the waitlist though.

I've ridden on that track once before in 2008 with California Superbike School. I did the two day course there last year and it was amazing.

My goals:
1: Not crash
2: Become really good at riding
3: Have fun
4: Meet cool folks

Questions for you experienced guys:
Is crashing inevitable when it comes to doing track days?

What happens if I go to a trackday by myself and get hospitalized? What happens to my stuff?

Has anyone camped at NJMP? How was it like? Are there utilities available? Is there a place I can drop off my bike the day before the trackday? Will it be safe there?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you guys!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! I'll be there on May 16/17, look me up, black gixxer, #75.

I don't think crashing has to be inevitable at a trackday. Racing, yeah, probably, different animal. My mantra is that crashing at a trackday is unacceptable. I did trackdays for a dozen seasons before I had my first crash. A minor lowside, I was able to ride the rest of the day. If you should have an "oops", I hear that the folks at NESBA are great. Someone will call your emergency contact, and folks usually help pack up your stuff. That being said, it's always better if you can bring along a friend, or at least make sure your emergency contact person(s) are "on call". That covers your first question. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th questions...YEAH! to all. You'll learn a lot at the track. Hook up with a control rider, ask questions of them, and other riders. Everyone is very helpful with just about any question you'll have. We all were new at this once.

I haven't camped at NJMP yet, but I plan to in May. Dunno about showers, etc. Your stuff is safe there. When staying at a motel, I always drop my trailer at the the track first.

Hope this helps. Focus on being smooth, smooth, smooth. Don't worry about speed, that will come naturally if you're smooth! :)

Fire929

Welcome.

There is a new track to ride in NY that you may want to check out. NESBA just added it to the schedule and it looks like it should be a fun ride.

Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the Monticello track thread. It looks like fun. Too bad I will have to take vacation days to go to those track days. They are only on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I also ordered a trailer hitch today. I gotta do some research on uhaul trailers...