Hi, I'm Huey. And I'm a raceaholic.

Huey130

Director
Race Director
First: I'd like to thank N2 for this awesome opportunity! We're going to have a blast and I can't wait to help y'all meet your goals at the track.

Second: I was asked to introduce myself but I really do hate talking about myself. Don't get me wrong I love telling some good "there I was..." and "this one time..." stories but I prefer to let my work and other people speak for me.

I'll give it a try and let people who do know me fill in where needed:
I’m 44, a Sagitarius… I like long walks on the beach and… wait this probably isn’t what you want.

From 92 to 04, I was a Loadmaster on C-130’s in the Air Force with 2300 flight hours and the rank of Tech Sgt.
Then worked at Lockheed in the customer training department as a systems engineer writing courseware and procedures for the C-130J. I also wrote and performed acceptance testing for simulators for the Royal Air Force and US Air Force.
In 2006 I took an early retirement and bought Marietta Motorsports.

Other than owning this business, I worked at the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School for 3 years and I’ve had the honor of being crew chief to racers such as: Opie Caylor, Blake Young, Brandon Cretu and CR Gittere at the Isle of Man TT, Brandon Cretu also at the Macau GP, other AMA and WERA riders and even had the honor of being Schwantz’ crew chief for his last AMA race in 2005. Other than the shop I'm currently I'm crew chief / mentor / tuner to Anne Roberts and sponsoring Joe Gianatto and Andy White all in WERA where Marietta Motorsports is also the title sponsor of their Southeast Sportsman series.

I’ve also raced a bit myself mostly in WERA’s “Senior Superbike” class on a GSX-R 600 and an R6 where I’ve podiumed and actually won a few races against some really great guys.

What else?
Oh here’s something Dave Swartz wrote about me and the shop a while back. http://www.bbcracing.com/Dec09MarMo.pdf

What we'll be bringing to the track: Crap loads of race and track day knowledge, Dunlop tires, suspension setups and upgrades, spares, tools, my dog Affe, advice and a lot of fun.

If anyone has ANY suggestions for me I'm all ears. We've been racing since the late 90s, run our own track days, even put on a 4 hour EX250 endurance race but we're always ready to learn!

rk97

I'd have to dig into my pile of back-issues to note exactly which one, but Road Racing World published a great shop write-up on Huey and Marietta Motorsports within the last couple of years.

Control Rider
N2
Chris, it's linked in the sticky post at the top of this channel;) And you're right, it is a great write up.

brianspeed3

watch out if your bring babies to the track Huey likes to steal them!!! But for real, Huey is a stand up dude and will do anything for a fellow rider! If you need anything just go up and talk to him. He and his staff are beyond willing to give a helping hand! And knows a little about bikes as well ;)

bad67deuce

Hey Huey, wanted to say Thanks for all of the great information that you gave me for my "toolbox" at the race school on Friday. I definitely was thinking about your advice to push it to the first turn during the mock race, makes good sense. Thanks again!

Huey130

Director
Race Director
You're more than welcome. Hopefully it'll be tools you use and not ones you trade. Hahaha

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Huey, it was great meeting you last weekend. See you in your own back yard in less than 2 weeks.