Hotbodies Race fairings buy 1 set get 1 set free

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/

Seems like a decent deal for those looking to ditch their stock fairings or have a set of race fairings for track days. Lots of sets available it seems.

I may be picking up a 07-08 set as I turn my commuter 600RR into a race bike...anyone else want to do a split that is near the DC area?

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
ekraft84;259331 wrote: I don't mean to be negative, but there's a reason it's buy one, get one free.
Not at all...just saw the offer and figured to share....with a second set it might be nice to split or have a set if a crash occurs.

-I have never used their body kits so I am not sure on the fit, finish, quality or durability, but if you could explain I love to hear you opinion.

-I have a set of GP Composites on my ZX6R and they have been down 3 times with little to no damage at all. Wish I could find a set for the CBR as the GP Composites are lightweight, flexible, and durable.

ekraft84

Evil Cupcake;259332 wrote: Not at all...just saw the offer and figured to share....with a second set it might be nice to split or have a set if a crash occurs.

-I have never used their body kits so I am not sure on the fit, finish, quality or durability, but if you could explain I love to hear you opinion.

-I have a set of GP Composites on my ZX6R and they have been down 3 times with little to no damage at all. Wish I could find a set for the CBR as the GP Composites are lightweight, flexible, and durable.
The Hotbodies fit, finish, quality and durability are all suspect in what I've seen over the years. and I've just heard too many negative experiences with Hotbodies - even with simply just hanging the bodywork from the outset.

IMO, the Sharkskinz are the best. They are also the most expensive. And to be fair, I am also sponsored by Sharkskinz, so I'm biased on the matter, but I had done research and used their product beforehand. Their bodywork fits perfectly and really lasts/can take a hit. We've seen some pretty big crashes where the bodywork held up great, and if it needed any work - painted right up again and looked like new - without having to buy another set of bodywork. If you're interested in more info, check out some info here on how Sharkskinz is made:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/?p=730

Sorry to jump off on a tangent/plug, but it talks about some of the stuff to look for in any brand bodywork you might be looking at buying. Again, sorry to getting off topic.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I do believe in getting what you pay for...the GP Composites bodywork was almost 1k dollars, but similar to the Sharkskins, it holds up well. Thanks for your input and experiences with the other fairings.

davidreaper

I got a set with a local friend was 385 each when we combined our cash. I mean if they do fit good then +1 if they don't you could always re sell them on ebay or around forums for a little profit.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have to agree that Sharkskinz are the best for fit and finish, but on the same token i do think that they are too expensive. I like Armourbodies they fit really well and and the finish is on par with sharkskinz. Hotbodies is not very pleasant to work with, they dont fit very well and the finish is horrible. The least they could do is use decent primer.

D-Swens

Evil Cupcake;259332 wrote: Not at all...just saw the offer and figured to share....with a second set it might be nice to split or have a set if a crash occurs.

In going through 1000's of sets of bodywork over the years... HB is the least consistant product I have worked with. Some sets can be decent, but others are unbelievable they actually decide to ship the stuff. Just a very low quality product. Even at 50% off, I think they are well overpriced. If you are looking for affordable, catch a sale on ArmourBodies. They come in at a very similar price, and are 100x better.

In my opinion, based on A LOT of hands on research in painting, mounting, working with all kinds of riders, and repairing crashed stuff, here is my list in order of quality:

1. Sharkskinz (Middle weight, amazing fitment, best finish on the market, really strong and durrable)

2. Catalyst (Great fit and finish, just really heavy and stiff, but pretty strong. While they are the second best product out there IMO, they are the same price as Sharksinz, and not as good, so if you are going to spend the $$, go with #1)

3. Armour Bodies ( Good fit, really nice finish quality for painting, simplified shapes, very lightweight so they can be a little flimsy feeling at first, but they usually prove to be pretty strong if you crash. There resin is really flixible, and doesn't "spider crack" like most bodywork). * Probably best bang for your buck on the market.

4. Optimal ( kind of heavy and thick, not a perfect fit, usually has a few tiny defects, but definitely useable. Surprisingly good for how cheap they are)

There are a ton more companies, those are just the heavy hitters I have had the best luck with. I think a great KEY point to think about, is buying from a company that can readily supply replacement parts, like Just an upper, or just a tail ect. It sucks to have to buy a whole new kit if you only need one piece.

ekraft84

Emerson;259388 wrote: I have to agree that Sharkskinz are the best for fit and finish, but on the same token i do think that they are too expensive. I like Armourbodies they fit really well and and the finish is on par with sharkskinz. Hotbodies is not very pleasant to work with, they dont fit very well and the finish is horrible. The least they could do is use decent primer.
The Armour Bodies is close to the Sharkskinz, but not quite at the same level. Side by side, you can see the differences and where Sharkskinz goes the extra mile. Do all racers need that? Not necessarily, but the Sharkskinz are almost like OEM-quality race bodywork. Pieces come pre-drilled, with Dzus fasteners already installed (if you request that) and literally just bolt up.

Also, Sharkskinz are made 100% in the USA and are the only competing company doing that. A big plus in my opinion.

Highboro

This the a great discussion as I am in the market to purchase my first set of race fairings. *I am leaning towards Armor Bodies for the over all value for money. *Would you suggest using the stock seat or a seat pad? Does anyone know of a good paint shop in the Frederick Maryland area?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Highboro;259495 wrote: This the a great discussion as I am in the market to purchase my first set of race fairings. *I am leaning towards Armor Bodies for the over all value for money. *Would you suggest using the stock seat or a seat pad? Does anyone know of a good paint shop in the Frederick Maryland area?
Stock seat vs. the superbike tail with foam is a personal decision, I think. I like the stock seat, I'm used to it, and it makes it possible to remove the batter without taking off the tail section. Not that removing race glass is difficult - it's easy compared to the OEM stuff. I've never ridden with the foam pad style, but I've heard it gives you more feel, somehow. Hopefully someone who's ridden both can give a comparison.

For paint in your area, PM control rider Emerson (that's his screenname, too). He's in VA, about an hour and a half from you. His company is Revikar, there's a link to his facebook page in his signature.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
I'm a big fan of Optimal Racing body work, its really cheap and high quality. You can get two sets for the same price of some of the high priced stuff, and it really holds up well in crashes. The local auto guy who I had paint my bodywork this year, had very good feedback on it.

PJZOCC624

HondaGalToo;259506 wrote: and it makes it possible to remove the batter without taking off the tail section. .
Important for those of you who bake cakes and wrench on your bikes at the same time...

:p

davidreaper

I know you guys have made it clear Armor bodies are better xD
but I have to say this

SportbikeTrackGear has a week offer
if you buy one kit for any bike, you get another free kit for any bike
so if you have a friend who owns an R1 and you have a ZX10
you guys split the tab of 769 dollars and split the bill

I mean hey if you only do a few a year on a street bike its worth it, but if you own a dedicated track bike get armourbodies

davidreaper

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

If they dont work out I'll resell them for a bit of profit