Hotel Discounts?

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. Some tracks seem to offer discounts for folks going to an event at a track. I love going to NC Bike and Road Atlanta, but they're at $150 night which is making it prohibitive (I did 13 days between those last year, so about $2k in hotel alone). Does anyone know how to get a deep discount at Holiday Inn Express in these locations? Perhaps we could ask the tracks if they could arrange a deal? Perhaps N2 can make a deal? :p

tdelegram

Control Rider
This is why I bought an enclosed trailer and a cot.....
Brad track on the light side, tows with a Subaru so I think an enclosed is not an option. Camping might be or making friends with someone that has a toy hauler and chipping in a little for fuel and electric to use a bed.

bmart

Control Rider
Indeed. Old Subaru and light trailer, all getting 20MPG fully loaded. I can barely sleep in a hotel, so camping is out for me. VIR hotel is $85, NC Bike is about $150. What is there to do in Garysburg, NC that draws that kind of rate? :p

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
For NC the Super8 at the track exit offers discounts for NCBike events. Not as good/clean as Holiday Inn but they all look the same with the lights out. LOL.
Just don't leave your bikes/trailer there. One of first few NC events, many years ago, I had my bike stolen off the trailer in the parking lot. Security camera that was pointing towards where I was parked happened to be broke. So if you stay there leave your bikes on at the track.

There are a lot of historic places near NCBike, I've been to one of them, but really not enough to for rooms to cost so much.

bmart

Control Rider
Historic places? Tell me more.

I've heard too many stories about the other hotels to stay at any of them. Stolen bikes. Rooms broken into. Bugs...

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Yeah we tend to stay at the Hilton Garden ne t exit south past Roanoke Rapids. Price is a bit higher but clean rooms.

Historic places are:
Roanoke Canal Museum & Trail
Halifax State Historic Site
William R Davie House
Historic Halifax - Sally-Billy House
Historic Halifax - Tap Room
Confederate Historical Cemetary

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ron R

Like you I used to stay in hotels but I switched to a air mattress in my trailer when I had to choose between tires or a hotel room. Maybe some group might get you some discounts like AAA or AARP etc

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. I book my hotels early in the year to ensure a spot. I noticed this week that many have much lower rates or points requirements now. You may want to book/change reservations now while the rates are lower. I saved over $1k by rebooking. Looking forward to seeing everyone...eventually!