Hotel for CMP weekend?

ctk62

I'm looking to do a full weekend at CMP and am trying to figure out the logistics.

1, hotels... looks like there's an Executive Inn right in Kershaw. 3 stars on Google lmao. How is it? I just need something clean and quiet.

2, I'm gonna trailer my bike down and probably get a garage spot. Would it be safe to leave the bike and trailer at the track? Keep it at the hotel? I have an old Ninja 650 so I doubt it would be a big theft magnet

No other questions I think, just trying to figure out the hotel and bike storage situation.

bmart

Control Rider
Steer clear from any hotels in Kershaw. They're bug/drug pits. You'll have to be further south in Camden or farther north closer to Monroe.

If you camp, you can do that, probably in the garage or outside.

Bikes are generally safe at the track. Keeping people honest, I lock my trailer and bikes overnight. I've been doing this since the 90s and seen only one day with any theft. Sadly, it was from a group of unknowns who stole a ton of stuff from our vendor. This was a long time ago...

Mostly people just help each other so that the whole group can enjoy the day. You'll make a ton of new friends if you want to.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Every time I come to CMP, I look at that hotel and think "nope." Is camping out of the question for you? There are bathrooms with showers at the track, and if you're renting a garage, you're allowed to run an extension cord across to where you park in front of your bay. Something to think about.

Leaving your trailer and bike and whatever else you need to at the track is safe.
Hope you have fun!

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
If you camp at CMP outside when it gets warm, keep in mind there are fire ants there. Figure out how to live with them before you go, so they don't maul you to death and steal your gear. :rofl:

ctk62

I have never camped before so I'm not keen to try this time. Maybe for future trips.

Problem for me is my house is about an hour and a half away which is not too bad, but still like 6-7 hours of extra driving if I go home every night, plus having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to drive down. Columbia is not that much closer. I will probably look into an Airbnb within like 30 minutes of the track. The reviews on the hotels in Lancaster seem shitty too :(

bmart

Control Rider
A little?

I commute from Charlotte each day. Sleeping in my own bed is totally worth it. So is being able to bring fresh food/drink parts if I need them. (before the repave, it was mandatory to being tires home to flip/swap every CMP day) It would not work if I hung around in the evenings.

rpm894

I have never camped before so I'm not keen to try this time. Maybe for future trips.

Problem for me is my house is about an hour and a half away which is not too bad, but still like 6-7 hours of extra driving if I go home every night, plus having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to drive down. Columbia is not that much closer. I will probably look into an Airbnb within like 30 minutes of the track. The reviews on the hotels in Lancaster seem shitty too :(
If all the homeless people can figure out how to camp long term in a park and on the sidewalk outside my apartment in the city, I’m confident you can figure out how to camp at CMP for two days.