How much different is CCS vs WERA?

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I ran the entire MA WERA series this yr and I had a great time despite them cancelling the Summit Race in September 1 week before the race. I'm gonna run a few select WERA races next yr and get my CCS license to run NJMP since I really like that track and WERA doesn't run it. Such a shame.

How CCS grids their riders is the main reason I will stay primarily with WERA despite their smaller grids.

TurboBlew

WERA & CCS grids are pretty strong in the southeast. CCS FL probably has more populated grids than anywhere else in the country. Seriously... you could be a full time club racer in the SE with all the events between the 2 orgs.

WERA goes to more of my "bucket list" tracks even though they are further away from me. Lap times at the local area tracks have CCS riders a tick or 2 above the WERA front runners at the same tracks.

Also the reason you have experts & novices together is grid sizes. Gone are the days of 3 wave novice grids.
Also keep in mind... both orgs are a business. Got to make a profit above all else. :popcorn:

YZROOSTINYA

Control Rider
USMC_10;290577 wrote: Racing CCS at NJMP is about as close to an AMA race you can get without being an AMA racer. During the September CCS race weekend at Thunderbolt we were seeing the top guys running 1:26-27s. If you weren't running 1:30 or better you were back of the pack. It didn't help that they raced amateur and expert together. What's up with that!? I'm not sure I'd want to subject myself to that, but Otto Man you are a "hard charger" so maybe you like thrashing yourself in that kind of environment! Hehe.
24's and 25's for the 1k's

25-26's for the 600's

The pre reg thing blows for CCS but it will help you work on starts.

in the NE all the same guys run were and ccs so if laps times are off then track condition or temp was the factor.