Insert Clever new guy attention getter here

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Good afternoon all N2er's

Yes its another n00b looking to get into the track day scene. I'm looking to get to the May-26th RRR track day and hopefully get to the August RRR day and possibly the CMP day in September.

Looking forward to getting instruction from the vets and working on my riding abilities.

Bike is a 2011 Yamaha FZ6R. First bike, only been riding a couple of years now.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! I love seeing all of the new blood in the sport. (RRR=Roebling?) CMP is a hoot! It is my home track and will teach you things that many other tracks can't. It is a much bigger challenge than the track map indicates. That FZ6R will be a hoot! Look me up if you get to VIR, CMP, or Road Atlanta.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Thanks! I'm in Upstate SC and will be traveling with a buddy. He's been in the intermediate group with an s1krr for a bit now I think. I may be going to Road Atlanta with him, but only as a spectator. I dont think I'm ready to ride it just yet. I've been watching a lot of Roebling videos for lines, braking points, etc.

I think the fizzer will do well for me, especially starting out. I just put stainless front lines on it, installed clip ons about a year ago, and I'm thinking of trying to do a brembo MC swap on it. Not too worried about setting any land speed records, but I'd sure like to stop when I need to. ;) I may need to look at re-springing the bike since I'm way overweight for it and its soft, but for now thats an opportunity for me to work on being smooth on and off throttle and working my brakes.

I thought about heading to VIR. might still be a possibility.

bmart

Control Rider
Sounds good! I don't chase after a lot of after market parts, focusing instead on my ability to ride around many stock limitations. Suspension isn't one of them. If you are able, get the right spring rates and valving. It will make a word of difference in what you can do on the bike and is also a major safety improvement for the track AND the street. Next up would be stainless lines (and clean caliper pistons!) up front, so you're right on it there. A lot of the rest of it is rider/owner preference. Some folks like $20k track bikes...others like me are in the $2k market! (The rest is for tires and hotels!)

Road Atlanta is awesome. There are some days with 2-up rides being offered (depending on who is running the day), so you may want to pack full gear just in case. It is a fantastic way to begin to understand what riding at track days is all about.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Sounds good! I'm pretty anxious and excited about getting out there (Any track) definitely Nervous, but definitely excited.
Looking forward to the instruction and building that mental/ physical ability.