Introduction Question

seanogee

Greetings!
Hello all of you NESBA folks. I joined last year, but my schedule never worked out to ride with you last year (although I did ride down to watch you ride at Atlanta). I hope to ride with you several times this year, NESBA seems like a real good group.

I live in Western North Carolina, in Cherokee. I've been riding with STT, TeamPromotion and USDESMO for several years and, like I said, I really want to ride with you folks.
I'm signed up for Atlanta July 25 & 26, in Intermediate. Hopefully, I will make it this time. Which brings me to my question (actually, I have two).

Last Thursday, with two weeks to go, I dropped my bike on the way to work :doh:. A fairly low speed crash, but I went down hard (cold, wet tires, grit on the road and a suddenly appearing pick up truck that wanted to be where I was). My right side frame slider busted the engine cover, donating considerable oil to the pavement (so much for Sky King sliders!). So it is now at the shop hoping to be ready for Atlanta.
:tothetrack:

I don't want to miss this event, but if it's not ready what do you think of me bringing my little Suzuki 400 Motard to ride :notsure:. Maybe I could drop down to Novice, since the 400 is quite a bit slower (it is stock). Any recommendations?

My second question is about arrivals. Will we be able to set up on the paddock on Thursday? And around what time will RA let us in to set up? I'm going to be in that area around mid-day. It would be great if I could at least park my stuff on the paddock.

Thanks and I look forward to riding with you!

Sean O Grady

jflatt

Welcome to NESBA Sean!

Sometimes it's 5:00 or after before RA lets us in. Last time Schwantz school didn't clear the track until a little past 5:00 and we got in about 5:30.

I would do my best to get your track bike ready as RA is more a speed and HP track. However I wouldn't miss the days since you have the 400. You can have fun on it too......

seanogee

Thanks!
I'll have to figure out how to safeguard my stuff until we are allowed in. I'll be heading down there around mid-day. Maybe they'll let me park somewhere safe. I'll email the RA folks and ask.
The speed of RA is why I'm not sure about the 400. I would do CMP with it, if necessary, but RA is another story. It would still be fun, but I don't want to be in the way either. The chicane might be easier on the Motard :). I'll just pray for now that the Daytona is fixed in time. If they get the part OK, I know it will. They are a real good bunch at Myers Ducati in Asheville.

dogger

Hi Sean: Welcome to Nesba. Come on out on the DRZ if you need to. We'll get by on the straights. You should be ok in the corners. I think I saw Geoff May tear up the advanced group on a DRZ one time.

beevan217

I think that's really a question for the admins. Road Atlanta is a VERY FAST track. Not trying to bust your bubble or anything but I believe there was a post in the old forum about a motard on a fast track & they may have advised against it. I hope in either case, hope you have your chance to ride, I know how it is to miss a few track days.

On a more positive note....

WELCOME TO NESBA & GOOD LUCK with your other bike!!!

seanogee

Ah well, I fully understand. I've done RA several times (I even crashed once in turn 7, several years ago) and it is one of the fastest tracks. That's why I was concerned about trying the motard.
I'll just hope and pray they have the D675 ready in time.

seanogee

My cam cover is "not available", :( meaning it's not in the warehouse, so it's a "backorder".
I went ahead and canceled. Damn, I was really looking forward to riding with you guys. I really enjoyed RA last year with the new pavement, so I couldn't wait to ride it again this year. I'm sorry to hear they put that chicane back in, but I am really curious about turn 12.

I may ride down and watch you on Saturday. It's just 1 1/2 hours from the house.

I signed up for CMP in September and am still considering Roebling. Just a week apart, I'd hate to lose my CMP payment if something goes wrong at Roebling and I can't do CMP. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

smack28752

Sean,

Bummer about the 675. It is a fun bike at Road Atlanta. Tell those guys at Myers they are gonna have to do better!!! Take a part off a new bike or something! (Kidding. My Daytona was originally the owner's bike but I wrestled it from his hands). Fantastic shop with a terrific bunch of guys, just don't let 'em know I said so.

Welcome to NESBA and I hope to see you out there soon.

Steve Mc.
'07 Triumph 675
B #77

seanogee

smack28752;1587 wrote: Sean,

Bummer about the 675. It is a fun bike at Road Atlanta. Tell those guys at Myers they are gonna have to do better!!! Take a part off a new bike or something! (Kidding. My Daytona was originally the owner's bike but I wrestled it from his hands). Fantastic shop with a terrific bunch of guys, just don't let 'em know I said so.

Welcome to NESBA and I hope to see you out there soon.

Steve Mc.
'07 Triumph 675
B #77
Thanks!!
I had the Daytona at RA last August (with STT) and it was great! I loved the new pavement.:)

They are terrific at Myer's. Several times they have pulled brand new bikes out of inventory for me to take home when I was out of a ride. They didn't even blink. No worries about getting it back either and it's 50 miles one way!:adore: