K6/K7 GSXR 600/750 w/PCIII Owners....

Phil

(what a convaluded(sp?) title....:notsure:

This may be elementary.... but I'm askin' anyway.

I'm trying to get to the TPS switch which is on the right side of the throttle bodies.... the space in there is TIGHT!!!! I need to adjust my TPS position....

Any tips on how to get in there to do this with a safety torx?

Any tips on how to get that switch disconnected so I can more securely tap that pink and black wire for the PCIII?

Issues in order of discovery:

-She's idling at 1,000RPM when she should be at 1,200 - 1,300RPM.... (I know I need to try adjusting that idle screw)

-She's backfiring on decel like even worse than before I even installed the PCIII

-My PCIII isn't reading the throttle position. It's reading RPM, but it's just staying at 0% throttle reading. (When attached to the laptop)

-In dealer mode, with the bike running, my TPS code is showing "_C00" instead of "-C00" like it should.... I am going to try to adjust it, but I can't get to it enough to do any adjustments... I'm not a mechanic, but I have common sense. (Hence my question of how in the world to access that thing in such a tight space.)

Don't adjust that just yet!!!!!!

Phil;9011 wrote: (what a convaluded(sp?) title....:notsure:

This may be elementary.... but I'm askin' anyway.

I'm trying to get to the TPS switch which is on the right side of the throttle bodies.... the space in there is TIGHT!!!! I need to adjust my TPS position....

Any tips on how to get that switch disconnected so I can more securely tap that pink and black wire for the PCIII?

Issues in order of discovery:

-She's idling at 1,000RPM when she should be at 1,200 - 1,300RPM.... (I know I need to try adjusting that idle screw)

-She's backfiring on decel like even worse than before I even installed the PCIII

-My PCIII isn't reading the throttle position. It's reading RPM, but it's just staying at 0% throttle reading. (When attached to the laptop)

-In dealer mode, with the bike running, my TPS code is showing "_C00" instead of "-C00" like it should.... I am going to try to adjust it, but I can't get to it enough to do any adjustments... I'm not a mechanic, but I have common sense. (Hence my question of how in the world to access that thing in such a tight space.)

Have you tuned the bik yet? Dyno tune, not download a map!

how did the bike run b4 the PC, always remember this if it ran fine b4 you touched it, and it doesn't now. It's usually something you've done.

Phil

Whuddup Terrance!

It's like this...

-Yes, it ran fine before I installed the PC3...

-Then I installed the PC3 with a downloaded MAP for what I have on the bike - Micron slip-on and BMC filter.

It ran great. No backfiring, smoother power delivery, and according to my high tech butt dyno a nice lil gain in HP.

This was fine for months.

- (Possibly unrelated) Then one day my idle was mysteriously high.... Like 2K for some reason... The weird thing about that was that it turned out that for some odd reason my throttle was actually not closing all the way. I would actually have to forcibly roll the thing forward to close it and bring the RPM's down.
I don't know that this had ANYTHING to do with my PCIII install though. I figured it was some issue with the cables. I adjusted the play, and that didn't fix it. I checked the throttle tube itself for gunk or debris in there that migh prohibit it from springing all the way back to the completely closed position and there was none... Couldn't figure that out for the life of me. I never adjusted the idle screw though... Wasn't confident with that, and was waiting for more technical help with that.
Well, oddly enough TIME proved to be the cure for that, because it "went away".

Basically, now the idle is too low... like at 1K. And the throttle is all the way closed though.

-So anyway, next my bike was STOLEN. Someone went for a joyride, did some standups I'm sure (when it was recovered, the clutch lever was adjusted way forward/down and of course the ignition module was busted), and literally parked it somewhere in Hyattsville, MD.

-Since I got her back, she's been doing the backfiring obnoxiously on decel. I checked the PCIII the lights on it were not responding to throttle (the fuel light). So I figured something was wrong. I checked my splice connection to the TPS.... That's when learned about the stock TPS settings (dealer mode) and realized that it was off... "_C00" instead of "-C00". So I figure that's my problem.

That's the history though.

Quantum_Ape

Glad to here you got your bike back! Mine was stolen too and luckily i too got mine back. Unfortunately i have been dealing with quirks ever since from the damage they did. :argh: :banghead:

I think we need to legalize lethal anti-theft devices. Sit on my bike for fun will you? That tazer on your crotch in the seat has different plans :haha:

Phil;9254 wrote: Whuddup Terrance!

It's like this...

-Yes, it ran fine before I installed the PC3...

-Then I installed the PC3 with a downloaded MAP for what I have on the bike - Micron slip-on and BMC filter.

It ran great. No backfiring, smoother power delivery, and according to my high tech butt dyno a nice lil gain in HP.

This was fine for months.

- (Possibly unrelated)
Then one day my idle was mysteriously high.... Like 2K for some reason... The weird thing about that was that it turned out that for some odd reason my throttle was actually not closing all the way. I would actually have to forcibly roll the thing forward to close it and bring the RPM's down.
I don't know that this had ANYTHING to do with my PCIII install though. I figured it was some issue with the cables. I adjusted the play, and that didn't fix it. I checked the throttle tube itself for gunk or debris in there that migh prohibit it from springing all the way back to the completely closed position and there was none... Couldn't figure that out for the life of me. I never adjusted the idle screw though... Wasn't confident with that, and was waiting for more technical help with that.
Well, oddly enough TIME proved to be the cure for that, because it "went away".

Basically, now the idle is too low... like at 1K. And the throttle is all the way closed though.

-So anyway, next my bike was STOLEN. Someone went for a joyride, did some standups I'm sure (when it was recovered, the clutch lever was adjusted way forward/down and of course the ignition module was busted), and literally parked it somewhere in Hyattsville, MD.

-Since I got her back, she's been doing the backfiring obnoxiously on decel. I checked the PCIII the lights on it were not responding to throttle (the fuel light). So I figured something was wrong. I checked my splice connection to the TPS.... That's when learned about the stock TPS settings (dealer mode) and realized that it was off... "_C00" instead of "-C00". So I figure that's my problem.

That's the history though.
I'm ok, working like a run away slave.

ok do me a favor call me at the shop tomorrow if you can 301-516-4144 I've got a few motors to build bu,t if shauna answers tell her i told you to call me. she'll put me on the phone, that way we can talk and i can see if i can get you straight! the throttle cable not falling completely back, bothers me and a few other things, but i thkin we can get you straight!

_dB_

Phil;9011 wrote:

Phil, it should just be a straight shot to get to the TPS bolt. If your looking at the right side of the frame (at that top triangular hole), there is a wiring harness in front of the bolt. Push the harness down and you can see the bolt enough to get the torx driver in there no problem.

From the sound of it, the PCIII doesn't seem to be connected to the TPS wire. Once everything was removed (tank tilted back, air box, etc.), you should be able to access enough of the TPS harness to get a good connection. I had enough space to solder my connection no prob. while leaving the TPS bolted in place.

Does this help?