Long time rider, new to the area and N2, looking forward to Spring

sammybiker

Hey guys, Sam here. Just moved to the area a couple of weeks back and I'm looking forward to engaging with the community and doing some trackdays when the weather allows.

I've been riding supersports for the last 17 years and they are my daily driver as long as there isn't snow/ice on the ground. I enjoy sport touring and I just wrapped up cross country trek on my ZX10R and previously found myself in British Columbia, Alberta and Alaska on an R6. I like riding :)

IN ADDITION...I just put a deposit down on a Panigale 1199 and can't wait to get that out on the track.

See you all around, I'm happy to have found this community.

22C-6458.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

sammybiker-IMG-20130616-00714-zpsfc2c677e.jpg

sammybiker-1001316-10100822751820823-1117858964-n-zps6c50c3d2.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Sam! So glad you've found us! Those trips sound amazing!!!! I still street ride, too.

I think you'll love N2, we really are a family.
Sounds like you have track experience, where did you used to ride? Are you now located in the northeast, or south? What tracks do you think you'll ride with us? Our preliminary 2020 schedule is already out and I'm looking forward to it!

Here's the link to our Riders Manual, lots of good info! https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/N2-Riders-Manual-2019.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask questions here and at the track. This is a group of super helpful, friendly folks, who share your addiction to motorcycles!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard Sam, Judy covered most everything in here post. If you end up at some of our northern tracks feel free to look me up and say hello or ask for any help. Look for the R1 and rc8 with 112 on them usually under a ktm canopy.

Tom

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Welcome Sam, can't wait for spring either. Dope pics btw, your inspiring me to take trips like that.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome, Sam! Where do you call home now? I'm down in Charlotte and look forward to seeing you at some N2 days.

sammybiker

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I guess I forgot that critical note...I'm based now in the greater Pittsburgh area but am from Washington State originally. I've been bouncing around the globe the last eight years (oil & gas) so I'm stoked to be back in the US for a bit and get some riding time in.

Thanks @HondaGalToo for the heads up, I was just checking out the prelim schedule. I'll definitely be at the PITT events and hopefully can travel a bit too for the other events as the work schedule allows.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Sam I am also in Pittsburgh if you need anything let me know. Additionally my farm is in the midst of marcelouse and Utica shale exploration.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
All right! See you at Pitt. You'll love it. It's one of the best tracks on the east coast and an N2 favorite. Another heads-up: it sells out early!

sammybiker

Thanks @tdelegram that sounds like good land to own :)

Awesome @HondaGalToo I'm looking forward to it, been watching YT vids of the track...looks fast & fun. I'm a slow trackday newb, trying to slowly get smoother, better, faster.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm a slow trackday newb, trying to slowly get smoother, better, faster.
That's what all of us CRs are here for! We love coaching, and teach the principles of the Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS). We stop at pit in at the end of each session to chat with anyone we were working with or following. Also, during the day, feel free to find any of us in the pits (we have the orange shirts on with "follow me" on the back) as we're always happy to answer any questions and work with you on an off track.

tdelegram

Control Rider
90% likely to be on my dirt bike, if that falls through I’ll hit you up, not sure my street rc8 will turn over but I bet I could get her going or take the road king.

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
All right! See you at Pitt. You'll love it. It's one of the best tracks on the east coast and an N2 favorite. Another heads-up: it sells out early!

@HondaGalToo, Thanks for posting that advisory about Pitt selling out. A friend and I talked (last season) about hitting the Pitt track. We're both in central MD, so it's definitely an overnight trip. We'll ensure that we plan ahead!

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Oh, where are my manners? Welcome aboard Sam! I ride street and have done some touring myself (eastern half of continental US so far). To be honest, I don't ride the winter months, even though, during riding season, I will ride in temps of 40s/50s if touring in a region where those climes prevail...with heated gear. Else, from November to late March, my bikes are inside getting pampered and loved. Lol.