Membership Expiration...

beevan217

I would like to know why I'm being charged a "non" memeber fee ($215) for the 5/24 NJMP Thunderbolt date if my membership doesn't expire until 5/19/10?? Someone please assist me with this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Barron Van Brackle

beevan217

What's up Dutch. I clearly see that the date is after the expiration date. I just never understood that policy since I'm trying to purchase the date prior to the expiration of the memebership. Was looking for a more informative answer than that but, ok.

Rude, See answer above lol.

Meat

beevan217;124600 wrote: What's up Dutch. I clearly see that the date is after the expiration date. I just never understood that policy since I'm trying to purchase the date prior to the expiration of the memebership. Was looking for a more informative answer than that but, ok.

Rude, See answer above lol.
I am by no means trying to argue with you, but it seems perfectly normal to charge you a non-member fee if you are not a member at that track day you are trying to purchase. Member benefits only apply when you are a member, including discounts on track days. Otherwise you could just purchase a membership every other year and sign up for all your track days at the beginning of the season, like many people do.

beevan217

Meat-

Nah man, no argument. Thanks for the response. Not sure if my question seemed combative for a lack of a better term. Not my intention at all. Your answer is more along the lines of what I was looking for. I KNEW there was a reason, just couldn't rememeber what it was. Went to purchase date & when I saw the price, was like "but I'm a member.... Waaaaah" LOL. Thanks again Dutch & Meat.

Rasta...... F u. Lol (sidebar- should have brake controller & reg tomorrow or Wednesday)

Mr.DJ

Meat;124601 wrote: I am by no means trying to argue with you, but it seems perfectly normal to charge you a non-member fee if you are not a member at that track day you are trying to purchase. Member benefits only apply when you are a member, including discounts on track days. Otherwise you could just purchase a membership every other year and sign up for all your track days at the beginning of the season, like many people do.
Yea, Dutch and Meat nailed it.

In the past, if you are not a member at the time of event, the system would not let you register. Now, with the flexible pricing, the logic allows one to sign up after expired membership at non-member pricing.

When that happens you probably noticed a box " Save $XX on this event by purchasing an annual membership" when you added to cart. I guess some are looking at that as advertisement, but I think we need to do a better job of tagging it as an explanation to why the price is different than that one shown in "event registration."

Again, this only applies to events outside valid membership. We have seen tickets into our support system on this and I think its time for a tweak.

jasonhise

Just out of curiosity, I purchased a bunch of days at the beginning of the year (Jan 2010) and never thought about a couple of them being after my membership expiration. I don't plan on letting my membership expire, but wonder if I was charged or will be charged extra for them? Thanks in advance for any feedback or answers.

Mr.DJ

jasonhise;124889 wrote: Just out of curiosity, I purchased a bunch of days at the beginning of the year (Jan 2010) and never thought about a couple of them being after my membership expiration. I don't plan on letting my membership expire, but wonder if I was charged or will be charged extra for them? Thanks in advance for any feedback or answers.
info@nesba.com :D

Dutch

Barron, no worries. I honestly wasn't trying to be short with you. I was thinking you may have had the expiration date of your membership and your event date transposed in your original thread. Hence the reason I posted it in the form of a question to you.

alphamale

To make it fair then, if you are buying a membership on 1 January to register for your first date in March of that year, then your membership shouldn't go active until March.

Or the weekend of your first event.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
alphamale;125056 wrote: To make it fair then, if you are buying a membership on 1 January to register for your first date in March of that year, then your membership shouldn't go active until March.

Or the weekend of your first event.
Wouldn't matter, the membership runs for 12 months from the time you sign up. Whether it runs Jan - Jan or March - March, it kinda all works out in the end. Unless you're planning on just being a member for a year to try it out, then you may want to get your membership close to your first day, but it still really doesn't matter.

alphamale

It sure does matter for some people that don't plan on being a continuous member (i.e. Service Members, etc)

As an example. If I bought a membership in January of 2009, so that I could register for an event in May of 2009 (since I want to book an event that sells out fast). Then essentially in January of 2010 my membership would expire. Let's say in March of 2010 there is also an event that I want to do, but I'm deploying to Iraq in April. Well would I buy the membership? Granted, Nesba has a non-member fee structure now, but I argue that you should get a FULL year membership when you sign up for the membership. Event to Event. Not date of online signup.

rk97

alphamale;125072 wrote: It sure does matter for some people that don't plan on being a continuous member (i.e. Service Members, etc)
I see your point there, but every time someone has posted up with that kind of issue (military service in particular), Sternsi has replied with something like, "PM me your phone number. we'll take care of it."

alphamale

rk97;125078 wrote: I see your point there, but every time someone has posted up with that kind of issue (military service in particular), Sternsi has replied with something like, "PM me your phone number. we'll take care of it."
Understand... Not saying it would be easy to come up with a registration system that accounts for it. And I'm just making the point for the sake of argument. I've been a Nesba Member year after year since 2007.

I'm on the fence about just going after the $500 (Nesba Member for life deal). I feel like that's like the kiss of death (like a madden curse).

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, I see your point, and I'd said it wouldn't matter except if you were joining for only a year, whatever the reason (trying it out, service member, etc.). If you're going to stick around, it doesn't matter. We're on the same page! :D

I hear ya about the lifetime membership thing, I've thought about it. Can't quite pull the trigger for various reasons! Ten years ago I might have! :D

beevan217

Dutch,

I've been to enough of your rider meetings to know your sense of humor & sarcasm. No worries at all man. This was the first time I didn't renew early so when I saw the $215 price for a non-member, it threw me off. LOL Surprised this post is still going.

Amac955

alphamale;125072 wrote: It sure does matter for some people that don't plan on being a continuous member (i.e. Service Members, etc)

As an example. If I bought a membership in January of 2009, so that I could register for an event in May of 2009 (since I want to book an event that sells out fast). Then essentially in January of 2010 my membership would expire. Let's say in March of 2010 there is also an event that I want to do, but I'm deploying to Iraq in April. Well would I buy the membership? Granted, Nesba has a non-member fee structure now, but I argue that you should get a FULL year membership when you sign up for the membership. Event to Event. Not date of online signup.
I think you answered your own question. Either pay for a membership and sign up early to ensure you have a spot, or pay the non-member fee early to ensure you have a spot. It's better than it used to be, now you don't HAVE to get a membership. Do the math and figure out which one benefits you more.