Motards

brianjohnson

Allowed at SE events at the following tracks only:
VIR Patriot
Talladega GP
Barber Motorsports Park

* We are limiting motards with 500cc or less displacement, single cylinder MX/Trail bikes modified for street use. Twin cylinder and single motards greater than 500cc are allowed at _ALL_ SE events.

bean

Nesba sucks. :D

After reading the mid atlantic motard sticky I thought this thread could use some encouragement.

:popcorn:

Swodi

Josh Whitehead;13349 wrote: Just curious but does this motard ban include the Ducati Hypermotard
I, too, would like to know if the hyper is excluded. I traded in my R6 for this bike and I fear the lower speeds at the track (don't want to be a hazard). Will topping out at 130-ish be allowed at Road Atlanta?

Mr.DJ

Presently, the Ducati Hypertard is considered a motard.

We will periodically reconsider this decision as we progress though the season.

ORIF

And yet the multistrada, essentially the same motorcycle with different styling would be allowed. I have done NESBA track days on my 1992 Ducati 907ie which is much slower. The engine is 1100ccs and with a much higher topspeed than the true motards such as the Aprilia SXV etc. Can it be solely because of the name? I understand the safety concerns with closing speeds down the straights, but this is more inherent to a specific bike rather a a very nebulous "class" of bikes.

Please explain...

Thanks in advance,

Mark

ORIF

Saw the other thread and understand the ambiguity.

Hopefully this will be clarified over the course of time.

true520

brian,
Dont know if you still click on this thread...but if so...I have some thoughts you may have not considered.

By just labeling bikes as "motards" you are over looking that some larger bore motards have higher top speeds than some sport bikes. ie: ex500, gs500, duc700ss, RD350, RZ350...basically the whole Clubman class.

Are all bikes with lesser top speeds now eliminated? Or just bikes that are considered motards?

I currently ride a KTM duke II, and I just got off a 2001 xr650r motard. Both of which I can turn faster times on than most SV650s out there...AND most of the new guys on 600Rs...

I will add that i would not feel safe at some tracks in the beginner class on my bike...and I would probably choose not to attend those...but places like CMP or Roebling, I think i would fair just fine on my "slower" bike.

Just thinking some more thought should be put into this banning process.

Mitch

brianjohnson

Look, we're not going to get into a huge discussion on this. If there is a certain track to which you would like to bring a particular bike and you're unsure of whether it will be allowed, all you have to do is email me, DJ, or Pitzer and ask. OK?

Just for the record:

Brian dot Johnson at Nesba dot com
DJ at nesba dot com
Jeff dot Pitzer at Nesba dot com

true520

Brian,
Glad you still check the forums.

Actually, I did email with this question a few days back...and after a few days with no reply, I just assumed my question was ignored.

I will PM you as well this time.

Thanks, Mitch

true520

Well...for the people keeping up on NESBA approval on your Motard bike...

Seems they already have their mind made up on you, your choice of bike, and your Ability to ride!

Brian, Feel free to delete this post...since you "Do not want to discuss this on the forum"

As you can tell, I am very offended you feel I am less of a Rider because I do not chose to ride a 100+ horse power sportbike.

I have Nothing against those bikes or their riders...since I raced an F3 and a GSXR for over 5 years.

I guess if I want to hand out in your crowd, I need to conform.

No thanks,

Mitch

brianjohnson

As I said to you in our PM discussion, my comment above was not to stifle discussion. It was intended to reduce the amount of time I have to spend answering posts from everybody and their brother coming up with every make, model, and year of bike to see what the answer is going to be.

I never said anything about your riding ability or qualifications - I'm not sure I even know you or have ever seen you ride to even be able to do so.

I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted...

Ruhe52

But by all means keep asking the question you may get the answer you want eventually. That or you may just drive Brian off the edge and he will go on a homicidal rampage at the next track day from the mere mention of Motard.
Wow all of a sudden their seems to be a lot of bitching about rules that have been in place for a while.
Could it be that NESBA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bodell

I am taking my zx10 and SXV 5.5 to VIR tonight. ZX on the full loop and SXV on patriot. A place for everything and everything in its place. I was wondering if there were any organizations like NESBA that are more supermoto driven.

bodell

aprilia 5.5 sucks

the aprilia engine blew up at patriot after 5 laps. break in was done properly etc. interstate cycle in charlotte says no warrenty, so i enjoyed the bike the best i could. with a sledge hamner. i guess the rear shock and wheels are ok if anyone wanrs them, but the rest has been beaten to a pulp. Andre #88 intermediate took what was left of it to sell if anyone is interested.

JRA

I have a friend who had the exact same experience. He blew his Aprilia up riding Patriot course when the bike was only a couple of months old.

He handled it a bit differently though, he contacted Aprilia directly and they gave him a brand new bike. Maybe you should have tried that first.:dunno: