NC Bike 5/4-5/5

bmart

Control Rider
I will be taking a track walk tonight about quarter to 7 for anyone who would like to join.

Last edited:

imadraver

Make Every Moment Matter!
Control Rider
I'm on my way...wouldn't want to miss it...looking forward to it... Super fun track, worth the drive from Atlanta.

This will be my first for the season, after going thru a job change...no more micro managing boss, so I'm super stoked to get back on the track and working with all our awesome riders and other coaches!!

Let's ride, brap, brap!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
I had a blast at NC Bike this weekend and hope that you did too. Saturday's weather was beautiful. Did anyone's canopy survive the storms Saturday night? I'm canopy shopping if anyone knows a place with reasonable prices and decent quality. My 10x10 and 10x15 were destroyed. I (nearly) always take it down at night and didn't based on the forecast. Lesson learned.

Joe...did you make it back to Cow Hampshire in one go Saturday night?

Byron...are you considering using all of the gears on that track bike next time out? :)

Victoria...what's the verdict on your injuries?

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Wow what a great weekend. Saturday was beautiful all day. Not a drop of rain until after 9pm. Sunday was schizophrenic weather. Rain then sun, then rain, then sun, then rain AND sun. We had open track from 9am-noon and 1pm until after 3. Unfortunately the flashy stuff in the sky came and we had to call it.

Victoria is good. She had her hand looked at and nothing was broken. I love watching people that get that excited when they ride.

Thanks everyone for coming out to ride with us.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I had a blast at NC Bike this weekend and hope that you did too. Saturday's weather was beautiful. Did anyone's canopy survive the storms Saturday night? I'm canopy shopping if anyone knows a place with reasonable prices and decent quality. My 10x10 and 10x15 were destroyed. I (nearly) always take it down at night and didn't based on the forecast. Lesson learned.

Byron...are you considering using all of the gears on that track bike next time out? :)

Brad, check out Costco. I'm told that you can return one if it breaks no questions asked. Maybe ask Jonathan about that.......

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider

I got this canopy two years ago and it is very solid. It has additional bracing inside that my head finds at every track day! You should be fine though.

https://www.amazon.com/King-Canopy-...s=king+canopy&qid=1557162587&s=gateway&sr=8-7

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Our canopies survived but not without flipping my SV off it's stand and onto it's side. *facepalm*

Lucky I only have to order a clutch lever. I think some of my shifter linkage is bent... may have to fix that too.

bmart

Control Rider
That looks nice..but 5+X more than I paid for mine. lol

Thanks for the notes, guys. The manufacturer is going to send me a new frame for the cost of shipping.

joe3530

Needed a 3.5 hour break after getting about halfway. As crazy as most of you called me for driving that far for just 1 track day, so worth it. The weather up here is going to be awful another 2 weeks it looks like.

Thanks for an awesome NCBIKE experience to you and everyone else I met that might be lurking the thread, I learned a ton and corrected some bad habits that will hopefully have me progressing into a better rider ('17 gsxr 1000 in blue - pics arent up yet)

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Joe, glad you came down. I would never call someone crazy for driving that far for a single day. We all do what we can do when we can do it. After years of doing this all up and down the east coast, our perception of distance and what is "normal" gets a little f'ed up. Anything less than 5 hrs is "Local", anything between 5-8 hours is "No biggie", and anything 8-14 hrs is "Doable". Hope to see you out again soon!

byron21

Ouch Brad, too soon on the gear comment. For those of you who don't know I suffered gearbox issues on Saturday that was not fixable at the track so I packed up and went home Saturday evening. Since my awning survived, I will be using that money to pay for transmission repairs. Great weekend anyway it was nice to meet everyone.

Byron

mnofpeace508

Riding makes me smile...not much else does.
I couldnt have asked for a better first day with N2...well, maybe better weather, but still.

i turn the corner, and there couldnt have been more than 15 rigs parked in the paddock. I go out on track, and there are maybe 6-10 bikes out circulating. What, OPEN TRACK?!?! wonderful!!!! sure, it drizzled some, but when it was dry, it was great. The tarmac dried out pretty quickly, and anyone in attendance could blaze, could tour, could just work on getting the cobwebs out (ME) without worrying about getting in anyone's way, or vica versa. It was thoroughly enjoyable. By 3pm, the heavy rains came back, and i was fully satisfied and ready to pack up and be on my way home.

Great to be back with Nesba..ooops...i mean N2

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I couldnt have asked for a better first day with N2...well, maybe better weather, but still.

i turn the corner, and there couldnt have been more than 15 rigs parked in the paddock. I go out on track, and there are maybe 6-10 bikes out circulating. What, OPEN TRACK?!?! wonderful!!!! sure, it drizzled some, but when it was dry, it was great. The tarmac dried out pretty quickly, and anyone in attendance could blaze, could tour, could just work on getting the cobwebs out (ME) without worrying about getting in anyone's way, or vica versa. It was thoroughly enjoyable. By 3pm, the heavy rains came back, and i was fully satisfied and ready to pack up and be on my way home.

Great to be back with Nesba..ooops...i mean N2
Glad you had a good time. Wish the weather was a little better but everyone got tons of seat time Sunday. Look forward to seeing you out again soon.