NC Bike July 27/28

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
With this heat wave it's hard to even think about putting on a set of leathers but the long range forecast is looking good for NC Bike this coming weekend. As many of you know my son Alex is going off to college in a few weeks. This will be his last weekend riding with us before his departure. I'm planning on cooking out Saturday night to celebrate. I'll bring burgers and dogs to grill for everyone. If anyone has some portable grills we can use, that would be helpful. Bring a side to share with everyone and have some beverages to enjoy. Alex has been coming to the track with me since he was 9 years old and weekends without him will definitely be different. Many of you have help raise him both on and off the track. The love of motorcycles has kept him busy and out of trouble. More importantly it has kept him as a big part of my life and I'm still a big part of his. I would always ask him if he wanted to stay home and hang with his buddies from school and he always looked at me like I was from Mars......."Uhhh, no Dad, I'm going to the track with you." Well, giddy up boy, lets roll! He has been to more places traveling to TrackDays all over the east coast than anyone he knows. A 6hr drive is "Local" to him where friends ask if we take 2 days to drive that. He's like "Nah, we're leaving when my dad gets off work at 5...."

Lets have some fun stuffing our faces, kicking back and relaxing after a great day on track.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563725742339.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563725742339.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 29

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
I will have my Coleman Road trip grill with me if we need to use it, not a full size grill but heats stuff up all the same.

Looking forward to it.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
In. I have a really small portable grill, but I would recommend it as a last resort. Would be lucky if we could grill 4 burgers at the same time.

What time will we be able to get in the gates? My first time there so figuring out all the logistics of getting around DC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dhaines

I was wondering what time they let you in as well....I want to get a decent spot since to pit since half of it is that gravel circle

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
In. I have a really small portable grill, but I would recommend it as a last resort. Would be lucky if we could grill 4 burgers at the same time.

What time will we be able to get in the gates? My first time there so figuring out all the logistics of getting around DC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Probably as early as you’d like. Sam is awesome with that stuff. Gate closes at 12am.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I was wondering what time they let you in as well....I want to get a decent spot since to pit since half of it is that gravel circle
As early as you want probably. Leave the end of the gravel lot for Kappy. He has a big 5th wheel and will need that spot. Sam usually has that area coned off for us but just in case......thanks.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Wish I could make it, got a rear flat on my farm tractor Saturday evening and couldn’t finish mowing Sunday so next weekend is more farm work. Have fun and be safe!

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
As early as you want probably. Leave the end of the gravel lot for Kappy. He has a big 5th wheel and will need that spot. Sam usually has that area coned off for us but just in case......thanks.

Thanks John. I spoke with Sam this morning and we can get in anytime on Friday.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Thanks to everyone for running a good weekend. My first trip to NC Bike was a success. Appreciate the coaches helping show me the lines. Now if someone could fix the traffic between PA and the NC Bike that would be a miracle...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
I DID IT! I stayed for my last coaching session, albeit with everything but the bike and gear loaded and ready to roll. 10 minutes later I was on the road! I had a blast and got in 422 track miles. Phew! See you guys at the next one!

dhaines

I just wanted to thank all of you that came by to offer help and see how I was doing after my crash. It’s one of the things I like the most about the environment is the camaraderie that everyone shows. It’s awesome and greatly appreciated.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I just wanted to thank all of you that came by to offer help and see how I was doing after my crash. It’s one of the things I like the most about the environment is the camaraderie that everyone shows. It’s awesome and greatly appreciated.

Glad to hear you are ok. I was 3 riders back when you went down. You took a pretty good tumble down the middle of the track, so I was relieved to see you get up. Heal up and we will see you back out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Got home around 2, in bed around 3, at work around 7. Hate my life right now but had a great time this weekend!

Thanks again Farrell for hosting the BBQ. That was a highlight of the weekend for me. As well as those bacon wrapped, chicken popper things. Sooooo good.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Was a great weekend for sure. We threw Anthony Sabbatino into the fire Sunday and he did an awesome job. Cookout was awesome. Next time I'll bring some tofu so Les has something to eat......Sorry Buddy.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Yes, when we all came around 7 bikes were going left, right, and center. It was one of those "Holy Crap" moments where you don't know how you exactly made the right inputs to avoid you or your bike but happy you did. It was good to see you back in the paddock later in the day. Heel up and we'll catch ya back out there soon!!!