NCBike June13-14

fonz82

howdy!
new here and trying to get some info on this weekend's upcoming N2 trackday at NCCAR. this will be my first time at this track and w/ N2 so i have several questions:

• Are there any entrance fees for this trackday? how much? or is it included w/ the registration fee?
  • Is there camping the night prior on the track? if so, when does the gate close?
  • are we allowed to bring others? family. spouse, pets, etc.
  • What are the facilities like at NCCAR? bathrooms, places to sit down to eat, pit areas (paved, gravel or grass). looks like it is gravel
  • When does tech close? does it reopen after the riders' meeting?
  • Typically when in the riders meeting in the morning? 8am, 820a, etc.
  • What are the special considerations/processes this weekend in regards to COVID-19
  • What are the provisions for pit bikes? bicycles?
  • Will there be tire services and what brands?
I'd love to meet some of you down here ;) !

thanks for your assistance

tdelegram

Control Rider
[howdy!​
new here and trying to get some info on this weekend's upcoming N2 trackday at NCCAR. this will be my first time at this track and w/ N2 so i have several questions:

• Are there any entrance fees for this trackday? how much? or is it included w/ the registration fee?
    • All entrance fees are included
  • Is there camping the night prior on the track? if so, when does the gate close?
    • Depending on what’s there Friday we are usually in no later than 7:00PM
  • are we allowed to bring others? family. spouse, pets, etc.
    • One of the diectors needs to comment on this, usually yes, with Covid I don’t know
  • What are the facilities like at NCCAR? bathrooms, places to sit down to eat, pit areas (paved, gravel or grass). looks like it is gravel
    • There are porta potties for sure in pits, with Covid I don’t know if the inside bathroom is accessible, no food onsite, bring your canopy and a chair, also hydration, pit is gravel, many place canopy on access road
  • When does tech close? does it reopen after the riders' meeting?
    • Tech and Reg open from 7-8 AM, riders meeting is at 8:15, make initial tech, after that the staff is busy and you could miss a session waiting for us. You must tech bike each day
  • Typically when in the riders meeting in the morning? 8am, 820a, etc.
    • See above
  • What are the special considerations/processes this weekend in regards to COVID-19
    • Directors can address
  • What are the provisions for pit bikes? bicycles?
    • Allowed for either
  • Will there be tire services and what brands?
    • Pirelli vendor will be there unless otherwise noted
I'd love to meet some of you down here ;) !

thanks for your assistance[/QUOTE]

fonz82

tdelegram,
Thank you for the responses! i have a much better idea how N2 is run at NCCar.

Regarding the camping: so the N2 staff is usually at the track by 700pm, correct?
when does the gate close at NCCAR on friday night? in other words, if one was to camp overnight, what is the latest they can arrive before they arent able to come in? i'm just trying to gauge the feasibility of driving up on Friday.
the family was also thinking of coming by, hence my 3rd question.
another ?, what will be the configuration for this weekend there? (CW/CCW and with or without chicane)

Can someone comment on how was it on the May25th event at NCBike? were others allowed? spouses, significant others, pets, etc. also were the indoor facilities open on may 25th? from the other thread , it seemed like it was similar to a normal trackday, so it would seem the above answers would also apply ;)

Thank you!

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
I was there earlier this year on that monday and the normal showers were not open but they had a trailer with showers that you could access.

Not exactly sure when the gates close - may have to reach out to the track itself to hear it from the horses mouth.

Currently we are not allowing spectators however it could change. Keep an eye out for an email sent by N2 that provides additional information about the specific weekend.

Not sure what direction. It very well may be CCW as CCS is going to race that direction. We ran CCW on the 25 and it was a lot of fun.

fonz82

Thanks! just found out that there will be the portable showers there,
Gate closes at midnight the night before!!
Track is pretty flat, not too many elevation changes.
i thought/heard the last one there [5/25] there were some people there other than riders. I'll look for that email, please let us know.
BTW, i'd like to get more info on CCS. typical race fees, placement, etc. is it run like WERA or other sanctioning bodies? i know another thread :p....

2blueyam

CCS is pretty similar to WERA. The bike tech requirements are not quite as rigid. A few less things to safety wire, etc.

Classes are a little different. More modifications are allowed in the super sport / super stock classes in CCS. $1000 of Titanium on your SS machine? Sure, why not? Most don’t do that, but you can.

mx42

Will our tire vendor be set up and working tomorrow late afternoon / early evening? Would like to get tires squared away before Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any emails or notifications sent out regarding family members being able to spectate at this weekend's JUN 13/14 track day at NCBIKE? Thank you!

mdhokie

Great weather, and great to get out on the track again for the first time in 9 months! Now I need some ibuprofen. Thanks to control rider Robbie for riding with me! I shaved 4 seconds off my best lap while we were passing back and forth, even though his bike couldn't go more than 35mph down the straightaway.

I attended the Saturday session. The weather was beautiful on Saturday and I hope it was the same for you guys on Sunday. The N2 Staff was wonderful and friendly as well. I am hoping to attend the advanced training program this year. Next event, I am going to try to follow and work with a coach. I feel you on the ibuprofen! Since yesterday, I haven't attended a track day in almost two years! My neck and ankles are killing me! Really glad to hear you progressed!