NCBIKE sep 19 roll call

selztoad

selztoad, just call the track itself? like as in is that who he works for is ncbike? just want to make sure I don't call the wrong place asking for a guy that isn't there haha. thank you
yea call the track and ask for Sam , super cool guy, or message him on facebook

Chris Thomas

I'll be coming with four additional riders, two riding novice, and two advanced. Also bringing my 16 yo son who's interested in getting into riding. Hope that N2 riders can help him understand about how we ride safely and what track days mean to improvement. See you all Friday.

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Excellent. You're all set up to have a great experience. We'll do our best to make it great for you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selztoad

I will say I have ridden with several track Orgs. and N2 this year has been the most organized, punctual, and open to feedback as possible. Not to jinx them but also the fewest C;@$h3$ with almost uninterrupted rotations!

Chris Thomas

When you bring a newbie, he will have trouble following the action since no real amenities trackside. I hope to bring my son around and chat with folks, see what they ride and open him up to what it takes to safely participate in motorcycling. Knowing that group like N2 shares that notion is a bonus.

Krediske

chris Thomas I just want to make sure im reading that right. You bringing your son who will be riding on the track as well? or a younger son to introduce him to it?

Chris Thomas

The latter. He wants to learn to ride now. He will not be on the track. he has the whole process of learning, including MSF class. But, adding track day experience to see how bikes are ridden will help. And he keeps me company on the trip..

Krediske

i just realized you had said that a few comments ago. sorry haha. I started riding streetbikes at 16. Looking back I wish I would have been taught more then on safety. used to do some pretty dumb things haha

Krediske

hmmmm. just realized last time I was at the track was july 2014. wow. needless to say the last couple hours of work today and from 8-11 tomorrow til I get on the road are going to suck. I look forward to meeting a lot of you and having a good time saturday

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Awesome weekend was had at NCBIKE. By the time I got my suspension behaving, my rear tire was just about down to the carcass, but I had a blast rolling with some of the other SV guys. One session, Steve and I were passing each other probably 3-4 times per lap, and switching spots every time on the straightaway from drafting each other! Also gotta respect Kendall's refusal to let me by, even if it meant swapping paint. THAT was fun! Next time, my friend, next time...
Sorry to those behind me who I sketched out when i grabbed 2nd gear instead of 4th between turn 7 and 8. I blame Steve for having a STD shift bike and getting me all messed up after riding it :p

sv650

Kendall
Awesome weekend was had at NCBIKE. By the time I got my suspension behaving, my rear tire was just about down to the carcass, but I had a blast rolling with some of the other SV guys. One session, Steve and I were passing each other probably 3-4 times per lap, and switching spots every time on the straightaway from drafting each other! Also gotta respect Kendall's refusal to let me by, even if it meant swapping paint. THAT was fun! Next time, my friend, next time...
Sorry to those behind me who I sketched out when i grabbed 2nd gear instead of 4th between turn 7 and 8. I blame Steve for having a STD shift bike and getting me all messed up after riding it :p

This weekend was a blast! Had my GoPro on for a bit on Sunday afternoon, recorded 2 sessions of SV on SV action with you and Steve

and a third chasing a group of not sure who:

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
We did have immense fun, didn't we!! I on the other hand am greatful that you took my bike out and helped me with my shifting issue, thanks again!! I suppose I should give GP shift another shot.
The sessions that all three of us were running together were awesome and we must plan on doing it a lot more!!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Is it possible to fit just about any bodywork to an SV? I don't think I've ever seen two that look alike!

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Is it possible to fit just about any bodywork to an SV? I don't think I've ever seen two that look alike!
I'm using Air-Tech's (I think it's Air-Tech) Ducati 916/996 kit with hand fabricated brackets of al and steel. A dremel tool was definitely needed to make it work.

sv650

Kendall
Haha yeah I always have to look at the swingarm to recognize another SV since so many of them have GSXR front ends, random bodywork, or some other frankenstein parts.

Krediske

last session of the day on Saturday from my bike facing backwards. I had a blast was my first time there and first time on the new bike