Need Help!

wildbill

Jul 13, 2008
Folks,

I managed to mess up while I was installing new tires for Summit on Friday. I stripped the head of the bolt used to mount my front brake calipers to the forks while I was taking my wheel off. I have been unable to find anyone with the parts in stock and I have placed several orders hoping they will get to me in time to use on Friday. This was on my 2003 GSX-R1000.

So, I am looking for anyone who might have a spare caliper mounting bolt that I could borrow/buy to get my bike ready for this Friday. I know it's short notice but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

Bill Wescoe

Rhino

Jul 11, 2008
I have an extra set for mounting to a GSXR 600 of that year .... not sure if they are the same or not. You are welcome to them.

wildbill

Jul 13, 2008
Rhino,

Thanks for the offer but I just looked it up online and it looks like the 600 doesn't have radial brakes and the mounting bolts are different part numbers. Maybe someone else knows more, if so please chime in, but it looks like they are not a match.

Thanks....

Bill

Folly1

Jul 11, 2008
Bill,

I did a similar and found the replacement bolt I needed at either Advance or Autozone auto parts store.

Ben.

snmirab

Jul 14, 2008
I have a 04 gsxr 600 with radial calipers, got extra bolts let me know if they would work for you, I can air mail them... send me an e-mail if I can help... santo350 @ a o l . c o m

had the same thing happen to me, but I was at vir at the track! luckily there was a guy there with a fully stocked welding truck, still took an hour and a half to get it out....

TwoTyres

Jul 11, 2008
Its just a metric bolt. just take it to Lowe's or home depot and you can get on there. it will need a washer and will use a different size socket but it will work.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Jul 9, 2008
Bill I too have extra set of caliper bolts from a 04-05 750 if you need one hit me up!

wildbill

Jul 13, 2008
Folks,

I was considering just getting the correct size metric bolt at the local store but I was a little concerned with this option. I didn't know if the type of metal was critical or not and it also looks like the shoulder of the bolt is slightly larger than the threaded part. So I was hoping to find the "proper bolt". Looks like I have several PM's on this and hopefully I'll get the ones I ordered. Thanks for the help and several PM's/calls going out.

Bill

Rhino

Jul 11, 2008
Not to worry, it is only holding on the brake calipers and they tend to decrease lap times anyway .... ;)

wildbill

Jul 13, 2008
You know I was thinking.....It's the caliper on the left side of the forks so maybe iff'n I run with only the right caliper on it will help turn the bike in quicker on all the right handers....

Bill

wildbill

Jul 13, 2008
Folks,

Thanks for the responses. Looks like Todd's gonna hook me up Thursday PM at Summit. That means I'll have to force myself to take a day off work and get my butt out to Summit! See ya there......

Bill