New from central PA

condon66

Hey everybody. After looking at a few organizations, I think I'll be signing with NESBA and looking to do Nelson and Beaver. I have a brother living in Meadeville and he's like 60-65 miles from either track so I could drive from there the same morning. Maybe two times each?? We'll see. I'm 40yrs. old and have been riding dirt and sportbikes off and on since I was 12, so I have a little experience. Just not on the track. Lost the front on my 636 back in 05 on the street. Got beat up but had all the gear on. Anyway, I don't feel safe going hard on the street anymore so I want to try this out. Right now I'm riding an 03 SV650S I couldnn't pass up. Looks like reading the forums everybody is very willing to help anybody and that really looks cool. So, we'll probably be seeing each other ay? I'll be in touch.

Bluenvy

you will see me at beaver prob, me and some friends go there a lot. in fact, ill be there may 2 and 3. welcome to site and get ready to have a blast!

TwoTyres

Yep, you found a great place to do track days with and you'll become another track addict like the rest of us.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Hey there. Where from Central PA. (nevermind, I just saw Philipsburg) A bunch of us are in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area. BaveRun is a great track. Also Summit Point is a great track and close to Central PA. JC is perfect for the SV. Also New Jersey is close and both tracks there are just plain awesome.

NESBA is a great organization and you'll have a blast with the SV on the track. The people in this club are always willing to lend a hand and offer advice and pointers to help you progress. If you're like me, I thought that I rode hard on the street. That is until my first track day when I was "flying" and some Bozo in an orange shirt passed me hung off his bike draggin a knee all the while turned around 180 deg with his thumb in the air (at least i think it was his thumb). At that point I realized that I had much to learn. I soon realized that I had no business riding on the street like I was. I've never looked back.

Welcome to the addiction!

brandonh98

condon66;37325 wrote: Hey everybody. After looking at a few organizations, I think I'll be signing with NESBA and looking to do Nelson and Beaver. I have a brother living in Meadeville and he's like 60-65 miles from either track so I could drive from there the same morning. Maybe two times each?? We'll see. I'm 40yrs. old and have been riding dirt and sportbikes off and on since I was 12, so I have a little experience. Just not on the track. Lost the front on my 636 back in 05 on the street. Got beat up but had all the gear on. Anyway, I don't feel safe going hard on the street anymore so I want to try this out. Right now I'm riding an 03 SV650S I couldnn't pass up. Looks like reading the forums everybody is very willing to help anybody and that really looks cool. So, we'll probably be seeing each other ay? I'll be in touch.
Whats up buddy?...Houtzdale here!...Madera to be exact....I'm plannin' on doin some track days this summer as well....Do you post on www.pasportbikes.com ??....

rk97

Slitherin;37337 wrote: If you're like me, I thought that I rode hard on the street. That is until my first track day when I was "flying" and some Bozo in an orange shirt passed me hung off his bike draggin a knee all the while turned around 180 deg with his thumb in the air (at least i think it was his thumb). At that point I realized that I had much to learn.
hahaha, so true. I came to the track thinking "i'm pretty close to dragging a knee on the street." right... I was a disaster.

Nelson and Beave are also the two closest tracks for me, so I'll probably see you there :)

I'm already booked for 5/2 and 3 at Beave, and it will take an act of god (or work) to keep me off Nelson in June.

Welcome.

- chris

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome to life in the fast lane...I'm from Benton (north of Bloomsburg)...been doing NESBA for 2 years. Great organization, seems there is always someone willing to help if you need it...just ask, don't be shy.
Jack

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Welcome...another one of the SCPMC (www.scpmc.net) guys here. I'm sure we'll see you at the track as most of us on that site have now become track whores. We'll all be at Beaver 5/2 and 5/3.

condon66

dark nater;37908 wrote: Welcome...another one of the SCPMC (www.scpmc.net) guys here. I'm sure we'll see you at the track as most of us on that site have now become track whores. We'll all be at Beaver 5/2 and 5/3.
I will be returning from Disney on May 2. I'm looking at Nelson being my first hit on 6-20.

Looks like I won't be on my street SVS for track days. I found an '01 3/4 liter gixxer in nice looking shape for a real good price. Picking it up this weekend. I'm gettin shivvers down me spiiiine!

TwoTyres

condon66;39715 wrote: I will be returning from Disney on May 2. I'm looking at Nelson being my first hit on 6-20.

Looks like I won't be on my street SVS for track days. I found an '01 3/4 liter gixxer in nice looking shape for a real good price. Picking it up this weekend. I'm gettin shivvers down me spiiiine!

Nice bike for the track. :D

I've yet to do Nelson but will be doing it this year, just not sure when.

dudette

Welcome to the addiction. I'll be doing some days at njmp, summit, and beave. You'll have a good time.
Hey Justin and Lee...hope to see ya at beave
Donna
cbr600rr
B#626

Bluenvy

dudette;44571 wrote: Welcome to the addiction. I'll be doing some days at njmp, summit, and beave. You'll have a good time.
Hey Justin and Lee...hope to see ya at beave
Donna
cbr600rr
B#626
we will all be there may 2/3, so if you are coming we will see you there! jimmy coming along?

keystonedragger

hey guys im new here too. bought a gsxr1000 and needed a subframe so i posted on here and waaalaaaa one of you guys had one for me. what a great site. anyway im from homer city, pa which is a little nothing town by Indiana Univ of Pa. can any of you guys point me in the right direction at how to start getting on the right track to maybe getting in some track time? i read your posts and im curious as to how much more i can learn on a track. im guessing you have to start by taking classes? i dont expect a huge message posted about everything in detail but a link or so would be great. ill be looking around beavers site but i thought id ask you guys too.

rk97

I was in exactly the same place you are at this time last year.

PM me if you want any detailed answers :)

Classes aren't required with NESBA (some other orgs will require them). Your best bet is just to sign up for "B" and make sure a CR knows it's your first time on the track. The faster YOU get up to speed, the faster everyone else feels safe around you. win-win.

intro group is FREE, so be sure to check that out if you have any doubts whatsoever.