New to NESBA, tech help

rssuby2001

Hi everyone out there, i just have a few questions to make it through tech, I tech cars for track days so I know most saftey things just need to know what passes for crank case venting and battery venting, if they need to be in a certian place also my bike has no plastics other then the rear tail, how do the numbers need to be visable, a min size? and placement, i saw the tech rules but its from 2011, I just dont want problems on my first day. Thanks

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You saw the rider's manual? The one on the site from 2011 - the tech rules haven't changed, so what's in there is valid.

I haven't had a bike with a battery vent tube in decades, LOL. Most bike's vent tubes (gas) just hang down to the lower part of the bike. Those vent tubes, does anything normally spew out of them? If not, there shouldn't be a problem. Numbers can go on just the tail section. The manual says 6", but mine are 5" and I've not had a problem. So long as they're readable. Place them on both sides.

rssuby2001

thanks, yea i havent gone the sealed battery route yet, if i stick with this i have a vintage bike to finish building for the track, i just dont want to run into problems thanks for your help

rssuby2001

damiankelly;302102 wrote: If you your bike is older-- put a catch can on it . .. for carb vents and any other fluid vents..

Welcome!
yea i made one up for the crank breather, Ill do one for the battery and check on how my bowl vents are, cant remember off the top of my head, least its air cooled, no coolant