New to racing need help!

summerscam

I am going racing in New Hampshire next weekend for my first race. What all should I do to get ready? I Started safety wiring everything possible (breaks, and anything holding a liquid). I also saw I need approved case covers? My bike passes nesba tech with flying colors but what else should i do?

summerscam

Also I am not sure what classes to run. I have a 2006 r6 that is all stock. I do have all the race body work and i will be running power ones which are DOT tires.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
What racing org? I'd recommend checking with them to see what their requirements for bike prep are. Or if you list the racing org, someone here might know. Best bet, I'd think though, is to go right to the source.

Meat

Holy crap, nothing like waiting until the last second!

Have you already got your race license, or are you taking a class the day before?

Do your numbers meet the requirements of the racing org (hopefully your number plate already has a yellow background)? Does the racing org require your number to be on your helmet as well? If you don't have a race license, do you have a way to make or buy whatever race number you get?

Post up which race org you are planning to race with, as HondaGalToo already mentioned, and we will try to help you out.

I sincerely hope you have the time this week to properly prepare your bike to meet the racing requirements of whatever org you are going with. Race prep is not something to be just thrown together at the last second.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Read the rulebook!! A quick search tells me your probably running the loudon road racing series???? Get on their forum if they had one-QUICKLY.