Newb ? about Tech. inspection

Quickone4u

Well, I have another question about the tech. inspection. I'm new to the whole TD world and was wondering if it would be possible to drop by VIR during a nesba day that I'm unable to participate in to see if my bike would pass tech. I only live about 30 minutes away and would like if possible to know if it will before I drop the cash on a TD. I would be so pissed at myself if for some reason I missed something or I didn't have my ducks in a row and was unable to get things straight for the day and be unable to run. I hope this would be possible but, I'm not really sure as how to go about if so, such as if I need to contact somebody before hand or who to see at the track about it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Mike....lay off the caffiene....stop taking the drugs....read the riders manual...and hard'n up for a track day...

with all your worries I am beginning to think you are going to show up on a stretched gxsr with nitro and chrome

click here my friend ---> http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.htm

Quickone4u

Haha! Nah, no stretched, blinged out bike for me. Just lowered about 1.5-2" because I'm a short terd but, I'll more then likely be raising it back to stock. I've completely read the manual a couple of times and have those things covered. The main thing is, I just want to make completely sure there is nothing about my bike that's going to keep me of the track and waste my money because of something stupid I missed or just didn't know about. That's all. So are you saying this isn't possible? I know I'm probably coming across like a jittery nutball asking all of this, I just figure better safe then sorry and broke.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
oh...its possible...but i think the only true requirements for beginner are taped lights/mirrors...recommend oil plug be wired, and recommend changing to water wetter...

as long as your bike as been recently serviced (i.e. brakes are good, throttle is solid, and shite isnt going to fall off) you can pass tech.....

and if there is something small you overlooked, NESBA is a great bunch of people and I can guarantee (thats right, the LD guarantee) that someone in the paddock will help you get it fixed and re-tech

Quickone4u

That's awesome! Thanks alot, that makes me feel alot better to know. Sounds like a great group of people. I guess I'll lay of the crack for now. I shouldn't have a problem with any of those things then. Thanks again for all the help.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I'd fail you cause your a half hour from VIR. :D Tales me a good 8hrs to get there, which sucks cause I love that track.

jpj

First time doing a trackday can be intimidating. Understanding of the riders manual . A friend who has done a trackday is a plus. I've seen things pass tech that I might question, but I'm not doing tech. For the "B" group , good tires, tape it up, . A positive attitude , a willingness to learn , listen , and apply what the CR's tell ya'. Ask if in doubt. On track , go your on pace, relax, and have fun. Remember, it's a trackday not a race. "You're not going to win anything, but you can lose it all". Best advice , I've ever heard at a trackday.

Apex

relax

....as lemondrop has suggested. I did my first TD last year and I started by doing the "Intro" day. It's FREE, a WIN WIN situation. If you don't pass.....No Biggie!!! 1st things first...relax....bring some tape(painters recommended)...and maybe, but most likely "Loosen your chain" could be the only real issue you might hear from tech inspection. After that...take it easy...listen to the CR's and enjoy the day. Next full TD will be that much more simple...and you will know what to expect.

Quickone4u

Apex;38734 wrote: ....as lemondrop has suggested. I did my first TD last year and I started by doing the "Intro" day. It's FREE, a WIN WIN situation. If you don't pass.....No Biggie!!! 1st things first...relax....bring some tape(painters recommended)...and maybe, but most likely "Loosen your chain" could be the only real issue you might hear from tech inspection. After that...take it easy...listen to the CR's and enjoy the day. Next full TD will be that much more simple...and you will know what to expect.
Yeh, I've looked into the intro day and do beleive that's what I'm going to do first. Like you said, free and if I do have problems then I can fix them before my first full TD. Can't wait to get out there though. I finaly have a year where I'm going to be able to after waiting for so long. I think I've been going insane waiting for this to come, ha! Thanks everybody for all the replies and advice.

NoBull

Unless your bike is a real mess I believe typical things to look for is good tires, good brake pads, no spongy levers, no loose nuts and bolts and a chain that's not overly tight.

vanelli56

No loose nuts....except for one..... the one riding the bike!
:)

Just kidding.....
Great guys, all willing to help....

Burnall4

lemondrop;38558 wrote: Mike....lay off the caffiene....stop taking the drugs....read the riders manual...and hard'n up for a track day...

with all your worries I am beginning to think you are going to show up on a stretched gxsr with nitro and chrome

click here my friend ---> http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.htm
LOL, you said drugs and stretched gxsr in the same string of thought....:haha:

anyway, you will be fine man just read the manual I did, and find someone local and bug them about stuff, I did (sorry Mark for being a pain) and come out and have a good time, like John said Nesba has some good people willing to help you out...

That is all I mainly wanted to poke fun at John's statement sorry to clutter your thread! :popcorn:

S3aturnR

Quickone4u;38555 wrote: Well, I have another question about the tech. inspection. I'm new to the whole TD world and was wondering if it would be possible to drop by VIR during a nesba day that I'm unable to participate in to see if my bike would pass tech. I only live about 30 minutes away and would like if possible to know if it will before I drop the cash on a TD. I would be so pissed at myself if for some reason I missed something or I didn't have my ducks in a row and was unable to get things straight for the day and be unable to run. I hope this would be possible but, I'm not really sure as how to go about if so, such as if I need to contact somebody before hand or who to see at the track about it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
i did the same thing before my first track day. i rode about 4 hours to the track, tho. aside from being fun to watch, it was a total waste of time. but, if it will make you feel better, the CR that i talked to (for about a full hour) was one of the tech guys and he was kind enough to walk over to my bike and give it a full tech inspection. i thought i would need a lot because it was an older bike (98 zx-9r), but i was wrong. all i needed was a little masking tape and it would have passed right then.

get your routine maintenance done (ALL of it) and you'll be just fine. check your fork seals, too, mine were leaking in the few weeks before i went to my first track day. the only reason i found out is because i was getting maintenance done and the mechanic found it. no biggie.

good luck this summer!!!

s3aturnr

jsin38

Did my first track day in the FREE Intro group. The bike still has to go through tech and you still have to attend the riders meeting but my experience was so positive that I signed up for three more full TDs and even bought a track prepped SV650 so as to not rash up the Ducati.

Hands down the best mid-life crisis I've ever had! Jump on in! The water is fine! :D