Oklahoma New Guy

fire_2869

Wow, I just joined NESBA because I messed up and won a track day, just to find out that they disallow my choice in motorcycle. I never would have thought that any group would hold such strict control over its membership as to tell them they couldn't ride a race bike at a track. I have never in my riding life had trouble on any track with my motard and now I find out that it doesn't run the same pace as the 600's. That is news to me, and I bet that a lot of the guys I pass would love to have that information too.

As I have continued reading, it looks like this whole thing is a wasted effort for me, because all of the tracks that I can easily go to and enjoy, they aren't going to let me ride. Guess I'll just have to go back to booking through sportbike track time.

:banghead::dunno::banghead::dunno:

chaun

banplz.gif

You just had to drag the rest of us Okies down with you... didn't ya.

fire_2869

I'm sorry Chaun, I'll abstain from speaking my mind anymore. The floor... and the track (evidently)...

Are all yours.

dlockhart5x

Their is not a tard ban as I understand it, just some restrictions at some tracks in some regions.
You may want to post up in the mid central forum.
I have seen a few tards at the MC events.
BTW You would kill with a tard at the upcoming Iowa speedway event.

Meat

fire_2869;53628 wrote: I'm sorry Chaun, I'll abstain from speaking my mind anymore. The floor... and the track (evidently)...

Are all yours.
That is cute. :argh: You come on this board and start whining like a child about a free track day that you are not able to take advantage of at the track of your choice. :argh:

I ride the tracks that I want with the track orgs I like and I don't go complaining to the orgs I don't like.....especially if I haven't even tried them out.

I am a pretty laid back guy on this forum but dude, you just wanted to come on here for a fight and nothing more. :argh:

fire_2869

Ok, I let it drop, I stated something that upset me and then moved on. If I was whining like a child this would be a three page thread by now.

I came here to ride, and then I found out that you tell me what I can ride. And its not like I am riding a cruiser or ninja250 or something, its a damn 550 with at least a 120 top end. Now I won't get to take it to HPT to find the right gearing to better that either.

So thank you Meat, for the rousing welcome. At least I know Chaun and know that even if he wasn't kidding, we will be friends and enjoying the same paddock at the next track day. (That I qualify for.)

clarson

fire_2869;55714 wrote: Already saw this, and rode at HPT with you.

Thanks for the reminder though. ;)

And we were glad to see you there! :D Just wanted to get the link in the thread for anyone browsing for motard info.

fire_2869

Oh, and by the way...

I was spanking a bunch of sportbikes and only got passed once on the front straight. They didn't have the exit speed to take me immediately, and unless they caught me before the hump, I didn't even have to touch the brakes till I was setting up for the carousel.

I actually got pulled over by one of the CR's and told that he loved the way I was passing on corner entrances.