Pitt Race 5/21-22 Garage and Power Update

dhaines

Has the power or anything changed at Pitt? This August will be my first time there and I’m really excited to go but want to make sure I don’t miss out on power or anything else that’s important to know...thanks

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Nothing really has changed. If you want power, you'd better reserve it. Power pretty much always sells out in advance of the event. Also, they require wood or plastic blocks under your trailer jacks to prevent damage to the (new) asphalt.

Axis

So to a new rider and who has never been to Pitt. If you have a bike trailer, where do we park when looking at the map? In other words, I have my truck, an enclosed trailer and hoping to set up a tent for bike and possible tent to sleep in. thank you for any advice.

jonobrin

I sleep in a tent at Pitt Race. There are plenty of spots with nearby grass around the north paddock.

The biggest thing is not taking a spot with power because they are reserved. They have maps of the reserved spots on their website's "Venue" page towards the bottom. I can't post the link here, or I would.

Axis

I sleep in a tent at Pitt Race. There are plenty of spots with nearby grass around the north paddock.

The biggest thing is not taking a spot with power because they are reserved. They have maps of the reserved spots on their website's "Venue" page towards the bottom. I can't post the link here, or I would.
Do you park your truck and trailer on the parking lot or in the grass? I couldn't tell if all the parking lot spots are for electric reserved. thanks

jonobrin

Do you park your truck and trailer on the parking lot or in the grass? I couldn't tell if all the parking lot spots are for electric reserved. thanks
Not all spots have electricity. You aren't allowed to park on the grass. It's pretty easy to figure out once you see it in person.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Check out the facility map at this link: https://www.pittrace.com/_files/ugd/79c57f_595d1530d0554d93966ceb8d5f386f98.pdf

You'll be parking on pavement where it says North Track Paddock. You can park anywhere along the right (as you are driving in, the side closest to the track). You can park on the left, too, as long as it's not in a spot with electric. As mentioned, those spots will have a cone blocking them with someone's name on it who has reserved power in that spot.
There are small grassy areas good for setting up a tent.