Pitt Race riding while raining?

Scorpion-Ninja

Hello,

I'm new here to this forum. I live in Michigan and do Grattan, Gingerman & Mid-Ohio normally! This season later on Im planning on coming down to PITTRACE for my first time there and with N2.

How is PITTRACE in the wet compared to say Grattan/Mid-Ohio? (which basically are NO GO in the rain)

Asking way ahead of time for when I weather watch before I buy a PITTRACE trackday later on!

tdelegram

Control Rider
PIRC has exceptional grip in the dry and really good grip in the wet, full rains seem to be between 5-15 seconds slower than in the dry depending on your skill and how hard you push.

Motofun352

Control Rider
PIRC is fine in the wet stuff unless it's a downpour then there are 2 spots where water runs across the track. Not a big problem as long as you whats coming and adjust for it. Only time I wouldn't run on it (actually it was still Beaver) and it was snowing.....:eek:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Definitely better than Grattan, LOL.
The old PittRace was better, but the new track/surface is decent in the wet compared to others. I usually run street tires in the wet.

You will love PittRace, it's an awesome track/facility!

Scorpion-Ninja

Definitely better than Grattan, LOL.
The old PittRace was better, but the new track/surface is decent in the wet compared to others. I usually run street tires in the wet.

You will love PittRace, it's an awesome track/facility!
Cool, yea I got burned twice last year when I bought 2 sat+sun weekends at Grattan weeks in advance! 1 day was nice, other was rainy as shit. Tried to ride in the rain at a much slower pace, put more air in tires as was told for the rain, didnt help (Ninja 650R with Bridgestone S21's). Few sessions and packed it up for the day. From now on I wait to buy until like 1-2 days prior! lol

Last edited:

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
If you’re planning on Pitt you won’t be able to do that. It will sell out in advance and we do not over sell our events. If you want the ability to cancel last minute you should look into our elite membership if you prefer to avoid moisture

Scorpion-Ninja

If you’re planning on Pitt you won’t be able to do that. It will sell out in advance and we do not over sell our events. If you want the ability to cancel last minute you should look into our elite membership if you prefer to avoid moisture
How much would the extra charge be, for me a non-member buying a trackday for Pittrace, say 3 days prior that saturday (pretend Sept. 12th)???

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Elite
$249
  • All basic membership benefits
  • Additional discounted event price
  • Rain insurance
  • No late fees
  • No cancellation fees
  • Cancel any time before 8a (morning of event)
If you do several events it pays for itself in discounted fees. Or if you cancel one event it basically pays for itself. Combination of both is even better of a deal. Not for everyone but look at the options.

Scorpion-Ninja

I understand the pros about being an ELITE member.
I read the PDF forum and mentions $30 extra fee, if pre-reg under the 15 days.
So in my case, lets say I pre-reg 3 days prior to Sept.12th saturday! So $255 (non-member) + $30 late fee = $285 total cost for 1 day at Pittrace? (say there IS ONE SPOT OPEN)
I'm not interested in elite membership at this time.
I will not make it out to 12+ N2 trackday events this season.
I'm a member of STT and tend to stick around to tracks local and closest to me.
I've been looking into other tracks and Pittrace is on my radar because 1) videos show it looks like an awesome fun track. 2) its the CLOSEST track to Me, that N2 does! 3) STT doesn't do Pittrace!

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
I understand the pros about being an ELITE member.
I read the PDF forum and mentions $30 extra fee, if pre-reg under the 15 days.
So in my case, lets say I pre-reg 3 days prior to Sept.12th saturday! So $255 (non-member) + $30 late fee = $285 total cost for 1 day at Pittrace? (say there IS ONE SPOT OPEN)
I'm not interested in elite membership at this time.
I will not make it out to 12+ N2 trackday events this season.
I'm a member of STT and tend to stick around to tracks local and closest to me.
I've been looking into other tracks and Pittrace is on my radar because 1) videos show it looks like an awesome fun track. 2) its the CLOSEST track to Me, that N2 does! 3) STT doesn't do Pittrace!
One thing to mention about Elite is you dont need to do 12 days with us to get the benefits. The "12+ days" is to get a free Elite membership the following year. The membership pretty much pays for itself in 4-5 days

Scorpion-Ninja

One thing to mention about Elite is you dont need to do 12 days with us to get the benefits. The "12+ days" is to get a free Elite membership the following year. The membership pretty much pays for itself in 4-5 days
I was planning on coming down for Pittrace for only 1 day and likely either Sept 12 or 13th 2020. Nothing more as I'm booked all summer here in Michigan for Grattan+Gingerman which is nearest tracks to me here in Michigan! Maybe 2021, I will do more N2 days/tracks and get a membership. Dunno