Pittsburgh

Arioch

Having had such a great time at Summit Point this past weekend, I have decided to head to Pitt Race hoping for more of the same. Who knew October was such a great month for track days? Camping is out of the question this time, as spouse is coming. So where is the nicest/closest/safest spot to stay with open trailer. How late are gates open if I want to drop off bike? I will be rolling in late and have never been there. Thanks all and see you there.

mpusch

Micah
PIRC is the best. Gates are open all night. If I were you, I'd lean towards leaving the bike at the track.

There's a couple close motels that are...so-so. We (wife & toddler) stay at the Microtel in Beaver Falls (17 minute drive) because it's much nicer. The wife and I used to camp there as well prior to the kid, but the hotel is a nice reprieve.

Pizza Joe's is also close to the route between the track and hotel - pretty good pizza. There's also a Walmart and some other stores basically right across the street from the Microtel, which is convenient.

Arioch

Thanks Micah. Unfortunatley, Microtel is not taking reservations. I am thinking New Castle or Cranberry are our closest options. 30 minutes or less in the morning is not too bad.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Cranberry is you’re beat option, you’ll find 100’s of places to eat and shop. I would try to get the bike into the paddock Friday night even if it’s just to unhook the trailer. We have 24 hour security there and most every one keeps an eye on their neighbors stuff. To be safe put a pad lock in place of the safety pine on the trailer and no one will be able to hook up and drive away.

mpusch

Micah
Thanks Micah. Unfortunatley, Microtel is not taking reservations. I am thinking New Castle or Cranberry are our closest options. 30 minutes or less in the morning is not too bad.

What? That's really weird. Verified that a couple weeks ago without an issue...

Edit: Looks like they don't have any vacancy that weekend. Makes sense.

Shifty10

Control Rider
Agreed. I've gone the Cranberry route before. It's pretty convenient and you don't have to wake up super early to get back to the track. I personally feel a lot safer leaving my bikes and gear unattended at the track as opposed to in the hotel parking lot. Generally people at the track have enough mutual respect for each other to leave things be.