Post your video links from Summit Main 9/12-9/13 here!

ScottLevy

Control Rider
I just started uploading the videos I took from 9/12-9/13 in reverse order, best ones first right? :D

I had to break each of em up in 2 parts. You can find the rest of the videos from this link, just hit my channel up.

Here's part 1 of session 7 from 9/13:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AckHFhCcgzw&feature=player_profilepage

That's big bad Beau Bennett directly in front, A240, killin it as well as CR Roger Bennett, A52, on that deafening R6! I swear man, I needed ear plugs when I was right behind you - ya know, for that split second :D

Oh and if you subscribe you'll get the notifications when I post the rest up.

Enjoy.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Here are two videos I shot from this weekend. Saturday's weather made for crappy video and my batteries ran out on Sunday morning. I've got to be more diligent about my batteries. Give or take, the lap times are between 1:21 and 1:26 in these videos. I didn't get down to the 19's & 20's until Sunday afternoon. And of course, I don't have video of those sessions!

Summit Main 09/12/09 1pm Advanced Session

Summit Main 09/13/09 10am Advanced Session

slowpoke

Thunderace;84087 wrote: Here are two videos I shot from this weekend. Saturday's weather made for crappy video and my batteries ran out on Sunday morning. I've got to be more diligent about my batteries. Give or take, the lap times are between 1:21 and 1:26 in these videos. I didn't get down to the 19's & 20's until Sunday afternoon. And of course, I don't have video of those sessions!

Ahhh - kind of like the world record fish that got away....:D sweet camera.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I do have it on the lap timer if that is any help. But yes, I once caught a fish "THAT BIG" definitely comes to mind!

JGardy_781

Thunderace;84087 wrote: Here are two videos I shot from this weekend. Saturday's weather made for crappy video and my batteries ran out on Sunday morning. I've got to be more diligent about my batteries. Give or take, the lap times are between 1:21 and 1:26 in these videos. I didn't get down to the 19's & 20's until Sunday afternoon. And of course, I don't have video of those sessions!

I see me in the 9/12 video - starting around 4:20. Now, funny, how Jim is clearly humoring me from about turn 1 through the beginning of the front straightaway - I'm clearly slower than he is (see how quick he caught me going between 4 and 5; worse, watch how the Leitner and a horde of others check out on me midway through the video; Jim catches them tout suite after he passes me). But, alas, after Jim tires of looking at my curious lines and weird body position, manages to cleanly pass me on the front straightaway without running into the the back of my talentless ass with a 70mph speed disparity... Amazing
. Maybe the conspiracy theorists (NESBA's just tryin' to keep a fast "B" guy down...) can all just calm the fuck down and watch how Jim patiently and successfully navigates a slower rider without managing to physically injure either of us.

Bravo, sir...

Jason

NoBull

One wonders why it is a CR is riding down the middle of the front straightaway lap after lap, once forcing Jim to pass all the way to the right and another time on his left in the 9/12 video.

Oh and then there's the person doing the curious right turn in T3 on to the access road with 5 people behind him on lap 2 of the 9/13 video.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
NoBull;84252 wrote:
Oh and then there's the person doing the curious right turn in T3 on to the access road with 5 people behind him on lap 2 of the 9/13 video.
Fin - I saw that and was really curious. I thought someone had crashed or something and took themselves off the track that way. A little precarious.

Also, in the 9/13 video, who comes up the inside at T3 at 4:53? Anyone know what number is on the bike? Dude is fast. He checks out at T6.

fitz

JGardy_781;84170 wrote: my talentless ass
I wouldn't say that, but you do seem to enjoy talking out of it :D

BTW thanks for the vids guys, it's a real help trying to figure out the lines, shifting, braking etc...keep posting them.

Maybe its just me, the sound of that R6, the video quality, but onther6 seems like he is going REALLY freaking fast :wow: (maybe that's why I love my R6 so much)

fitz

NoBull

Number864;84329 wrote: Also, in the 9/13 video, who comes up the inside at T3 at 4:53? Anyone know what number is on the bike? Dude is fast. He checks out at T6.
That is Arnie Hastings. He is capable of at least 15's so yeah he had no problems with traffic :)

JGardy_781

fitz;84344 wrote: I wouldn't say that, but you do seem to enjoy talking out of it :D
Maybe, but it wasn't until I started riding in A that I truly realized just how much I still have to learn and how slow I actually am. It's a flat privilege being able to go out with the really fast guys, and while (on Saturday, at least) carnage reigned in the other groups, we had a clean, fun day with a damn near full group in slightly suboptimal weather. There were (and always are) pretty reasonable disparities in the speeds of various riders in the A group - personally, Main's never been a place where I can put down quick times - I've never, ever been able to get acceptably consistent braking for 1, or simply comfortable in 3, for instance - but considering that, I was passed close a bunch, and (far) less frequently did some close passing, but everyone had their shit together, and as usual, I had a f'in blast.

/j

NoBull

JGardy_781;84395 wrote: It's a flat privilege being able to go out with the really fast guys, and while (on Saturday, at least) carnage reigned in the other groups, we had a clean, fun day with a damn near full group in slightly suboptimal weather.
/j
Agree 100%. That's the main advantage of the A group. People have enough experience that even with the speed difference there's rarely carnage.

The only time it can get a little hairy is when there's a freight train of 4-6 riders together and they come up on a slower rider (like me) and they all want to pass within 2-3 turns so they can stay together. It's easy to get stood up in an inside pass like that, but it's just once in that session so not too big a deal.

1up5down

Control Rider
Hmmmmm

ontheR6;84218 wrote: Clarus,
Here is a vid from Saturday afternoon, sorry about the video qulaity, it looks like i need a new camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44HZy0RrLDE

This is my crash (rider error):eek: on Sunday morning, the only red flag in I group, sorry guys.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVai1JpXzwE
:notsure: at 4:11 in the video, did I see you pass a CR on the right side just before the bridge. Not sure you got the wave by either. I know it was a safety call to pass on the right as the slower rider was on the left. I would have done the same.

ontheR6

1up5down;84493 wrote: :notsure: at 4:11 in the video, did I see you pass a CR on the right side just before the bridge. Not sure you got the wave by either. I know it was a safety call to pass on the right as the slower rider was on the left. I would have done the same.

Yes, you are right, and thanks for being understanding, it was a judgement call, the CR slowed and waived us by, its not very clear in the vid (updated the firmware and this was the result, hero gopro), i had committed to making the pass and had i stayed to the left of the CR i would have pushed my friend off the track, i chose to go to the right, we were both carrying alot of speed and under full acceleration out of T9.
I would like to apologize to the CR for that pass, but please understand that i had no choice - asspack the CR, get asspacked, or push the other rider off the track. The other rider is my hero:adore: Chris:adore:!!! i'd crash into the wall before i take him or anyone else out!!

1up5down

Control Rider
That was good riding and sound decision making

ontheR6;84497 wrote: Yes, you are right, and thanks for being understanding, it was a judgement call, the CR slowed and waived us by, its not very clear in the vid (updated the firmware and this was the result, hero gopro), i had committed to making the pass and had i stayed to the left of the CR i would have pushed my friend off the track, i chose to go to the right, we were both carrying alot of speed and under full acceleration out of T9.
I would like to apologize to the CR for that pass, but please understand that i had no choice - asspack the CR, get asspacked, or push the other rider off the track. The other rider is my hero:adore: Chris:adore:!!! i'd crash into the wall before i take him or anyone else out!!
Hey, that was good riding and sound decision making. Like, I said "I would have done the same". Hope you and your bike didn't suffer much damage and your back out there soon.