Q2's and warmers

tristatejames

I got a set of Chicken Hawk Pole Position warmers for Christmas.

I'm a B Grouper with aspirations of getting bumped.

My questions are...

Can I use these warmers on the q2's I'm currently running?

Would I better off selling them and putting the money towards something else like a steering damper?

Wawazat

You are going to want them eventually. Yes, you can use them with your Q2s. They are a great set of warmers! I want a set myself.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

DUNLOP-RTS

tristatejames;229483 wrote: I got a set of Chicken Hawk Pole Position warmers for Christmas.

I'm a B Grouper with aspirations of getting bumped.

My questions are...

Can I use these warmers on the q2's I'm currently running?

Would I better off selling them and putting the money towards something else like a steering damper?

Bryan and Craig are both right!

Keep them, you will use them someday.

Yes you can use them with Q2.

Remember, all the warmer does is put heat into the tire first, so you dont have to make 2 warmup laps to accomplish the same thing. Using them on any tire gives you 2 extra laps to go fast, and better value for your track day.

Rydell

Use them if you can, it does not hurt, only makes the tire stickier faster. Tires work better when they're warm...

Except on 100+ degree days at VIR when the track turns your tires into grease, It's probably best to avoid warmers all together in that case :)

EDIT: Should've been /end thread after DUNLOP-RTS :p

Canali

Here's another take on it - in B group, and I group too really, you're not going to charge right out of the gate so I think the best path to improvement and a bump to I is forget the warmers, just talk to CR's at the end of every session, soak up all the knowledge you can, plan to go out with them at the beginning of sesions, and line up where you need to line up at pit out... try not to ride for a bump, but ride to improve and have fun! The bump will come.

dbarufaldi

Canali;231342 wrote: Here's another take on it - in B group, and I group too really, you're not going to charge right out of the gate so I think the best path to improvement and a bump to I is forget the warmers, just talk to CR's at the end of every session, soak up all the knowledge you can, plan to go out with them at the beginning of sesions, and line up where you need to line up at pit out... try not to ride for a bump, but ride to improve and have fun! The bump will come.
Couldn't agree more about not riding for the bump, and also about getting with coaches. Every year I tell myself I need to get with coaches more...great resource for zero extra dollars.

Dan B