Question about working on my bike

MoerachR3

Yamaha R3 & Kawasaki KLX 140
I had a blast at Barber’s this year (my first track day). Now I’m building up my garage so I’m better able to be ready for the next track day.

What do you guys use to lift your bikes to make it easier on old backs to work? I’m proud to say that i have a fair amount of life experience, but my back is not so happy about it. Getting the bike ready for a track day is a literal PAIN. Even changing oil hurts. Ugh. Advice?

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I use the harbor fright one. It’s cheap but effective and goes on sale for $300 at times.

I've got the same one. It's on sale several times a year; keep checking HF online for coupons for it.

Make sure when it's lifted you use the provided black bar to support the weight instead of the pump. It goes through a pair of holes on the front lift supports once it's high enough, then you gently lower it until the bar is supporting the weight. If you leave the weight on the pump itself it will lead to premature failure.

Also by a seat that rolls around. I like the kind that has a tray for holding whatever tools you're using. They have some that adjust too.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I also have a Handy lift, and agree with Jack that it's beefier and nicer. I got mine used - found it on Craigslist for less than the Harbor Freight lift cost. Had to rebuild the air cylinder a few years later but it was cheap and easy to do.

pjzocc

I’ve got a Handy also. Mine is electric. It’s slower than the air powered but no need for a compressor. It’s old, but still works fine. Got mine from a shop that closed its doors. $400 IIRC