Racing orgs and quick shifting kits = allowed?

Rydell

Apr 14, 2010
I googled this and didn't find anything. Even looked through the entire WERA rulebook(Yes, I actually read that long thing) for any hints, and couldn't find anything. I'm going to be pissed if someone replies in 30 seconds with a link to the answer! :argh: :cheers:

Thanks!

stow

Jul 11, 2008
Quick shifters are allowed, but power shifters are not.

CHAPTER NINE
COMPETITION CATEGORIES

SUPERSTOCK RULES

gg) Electric ignition cutout shift devices are allowed, however they may not physically move any portion of the shift mechanism.

WERA Rulebook

Matt H

Jul 10, 2008
WERA Chapter 9, Section 4, point gg) Electric ignition cutout shift devices are allowed, however they may not physically move any portion of the shift mechanism.

rk97

Jul 13, 2008
avizpls;197463 wrote: If not no then yes!
I believe for SuperStock, it's actually the opposite. If they don't explicitly say you CAN modify it, you cannot. That's for WERA. You may be correct for CCS.

Matt H

Jul 10, 2008
rk97;197469 wrote: I believe for SuperStock, it's actually the opposite. If they don't explicitly say you CAN modify it, you cannot.
In WERA, the rulebook lists what you CAN do - anything and everything else is disallowed.

Rydell

Apr 14, 2010
Stow, MattH, thanks for the reference. Thanks everyone else for the input as well. When reading I missinterperated :doh: . Makes me wonder how much else I missread. I don't suppose anyone could verify this for ama too? :dunno:

NickMcCoy

Aug 16, 2009
They are definitely using quickshifters in the AMA, they're legal for every org. as far as I know.