rain tires and options?

ridelater

since i will be hitting all the atlantic ccs rounds I doubt my luck will hold out the whole years so im planning on picking up rain tires. i will be riding a sv 650 with a 160 rear. are guys using good street tires or full rains. i would have gotten the pirellis wets but they dont come in a 160. I plan on running these tires in both wet and raining conditions. i would love some opinions.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Pat, the weather is going to be great the entire race season…:agree: Pick up a good set of used rains for about $100 and you should be good…:cool:

Pleiades

since i will be hitting all the atlantic ccs rounds I doubt my luck will hold out the whole years so im planning on picking up rain tires. i will be riding a sv 650 with a 160 rear. are guys using good street tires or full rains. i would have gotten the pirellis wets but they dont come in a 160. I plan on running these tires in both wet and raining conditions. i would love some opinions.

Hi there, I'm a bit late to this party, but just in case you're still looking...

I used the Bridgestone race wets on my CBR 400 race bike (120 front, 160 rear), and they stick like glue! You can't use them on a dry track, they fall apart pretty quickly, as I discovered at Phillip Island once. I've found that the general consensus, both back home in Aus and here in Europe, is that in the rain or on a wet to very damp track, there is no better tyre. The SV650s I raced alongside used the same tyre.

Cheers,

David