Richmond Cycle Shop

Handicapped Racer;299634 wrote: There is no way a 06 Gsxr 1000 makes 178 with 93 ft lbs of torque. 163-167hp 79-83 ft lbs of torque.

I'm not going to dwell on a pissing match here.

I was satisfied with their work and I do recommend them. If I still had the dyno sheet I would post it.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Not that it matters all THAT much, but my 05 stock made 147 hp...after Karns Performance did some head work, a Webb Cam, thinner gasket and a Bazzaz it went to just under 178 on pump gas.

Ducti Jockey;299701 wrote: I'm not going to dwell on a pissing match here.

I was satisfied with their work and I do recommend them. If I still had the dyno sheet I would post it.
Me posting a comment was not intended to start a pissing match. It was to educate you on what your bike normally makes with a good tune pc/ bazzaaz and decent exhaust.

I have no issue with HTP or Ceil Towner, but please understand that he is a drag racer, they live and die by Hp. if you find your dyno sheet you will probably notice it says STD as the correction factor instead of SAE. which tend to show high number and not to mention Sae is industry standard.

i am giving you good info, not second hand, been told or show this, this is what I do day in and day out!

Below is a 2006 1K with Ti-Force full Ti system, different plugs, pair valve mod and pc3 170.0 hp 81 ft lbs of torque.

This one is 06 1000 1070cc piston Kit with a 4mm stroker crank. 203hp 96ft lbs of torque

Another 06 with 1070, 4mm stroke over side buckets and .400 cam

This is an over lay of a 07 gsxr 1000 with a supersport build V a full on superbike build.

This is a Bmw S 1000, and it doesn't make 90+ torque.

D-Zum;299718 wrote: Not that it matters all THAT much, but my 05 stock made 147 hp...after Karns Performance did some head work, a Webb Cam, thinner gasket and a Bazzaz it went to just under 178 on pump gas.
those sound like realistic numbers!

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
Yep, I just found my dyno sheet from 2011. Correction factor is stp. Never cared about hp numbers though, bike has run great since being tuned there.

mmmfishrighton;299725 wrote: Yep, I just found my dyno sheet from 2011. Correction factor is stp. Never cared about hp numbers though, bike has run great since being tuned there.
Stp would be considered STD. Any dyno sheet should include before and after runs along with the A/F ratio. Dynojet allows the winpep software to show three graphs. I tend to see the std and only two graphs show. If your concern isn't hp then A/f should be present on your graph. peak hp isn't the ear mark for a fast road bike good Mid Range is the key.

Blue is walking in the Door red is leaving out the door.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Handicapped Racer;299721 wrote: those sound like realistic numbers!
You know me...I keep it real.

What up Terrance? Haven't heard from you 'round these parts for a while.

D-Zum;299730 wrote: You know me...I keep it real.

What up Terrance? Haven't heard from you 'round these parts for a while.
Yeah been in the shop, trying to get unburried from bikes, shop equipment and setting up our machine shop!

Hope to get some riding in this year, I'll see you at a few rounds if time allows. Was hoping to make Jennings but looking to my left, my Gsxr says "awww hell no don't even look over this way" I still ain't got not legs on. lol

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
Handicapped Racer;299728 wrote: Stp would be considered STD. Any dyno sheet should include before and after runs along with the A/F ratio. Dynojet allows the winpep software to show three graphs. I tend to see the std and only two graphs show. If your concern isn't hp then A/f should be present on your graph. peak hp isn't the ear mark for a fast road bike good Mid Range is the key.

Blue is walking in the Door red is leaving out the door.
Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Believe me, I know that you know a whole lot more than I do about motorcycles(if that even makes sense). He could have given me more graphs but that's all I have. It was three years ago. The bike has thousands of track miles on it with that tune and zero issues. Now if it blows up this year, I'm blaming you for making me jinx myself :D.

Handicapped Racer;299720 wrote:

i am giving you good info, not second hand, been told or show this, this is what I do day in and day out!
While you are disputing the numbers, I believe the business aspect is more of the issue.

I'm sure you do quality work too, as provided by your tuning numbers.

Ducti Jockey;299736 wrote: I believe the business aspect is more of the issue.

How so?

I don't mean to offend but many on here know me and know that I am a very direct person, I call a spade a spade.

I see this more and more that people get what I call misleading information. My intention was not to offend you but more to tell what you should be seeing out of your vehicle. I hate to see customers walk away with an impression of what they have and then get on course or in a situation where the result is not indicative of what they were told they had. So forgive me if i upset you, but when I see comments like that it's very hard to sit back let someone go forward and keep thinking they have something they may not.

mmmfishrighton;299734 wrote: Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Believe me, I know that you know a whole lot more than I do about motorcycles(if that even makes sense). He could have given me more graphs but that's all I have. It was three years ago. The bike has thousands of track miles on it with that tune and zero issues. Now if it blows up this year, I'm blaming you for making me jinx myself :D.
I didn't think you were. But what i tend to see with people who own dyno's is they play with Cf and the graphs to make a customer think they are leaving making so much more power when they came in with. I see people who reduce the A/f graph to the point that a Nike swoosh would look like a straight line.

Handicapped Racer;299739 wrote: How so?

I don't mean to offend but many on here know me and know that I am a very direct person, I call a spade a spade.

I see this more and more that people get what I call misleading information. My intention was not to offend you but more to tell what you should be seeing out of your vehicle. I hate to see customers walk away with an impression of what they have and then get on course or in a situation where the result is not indicative of what they were told they had. So forgive me if i upset you, but when I see comments like that it's very hard to sit back let someone go forward and keep thinking they have something they may not.
I understand your perspective and I can appreciate you extending your knowledge and experience as a tuner. The work was done some time ago and the bike was sold and later destroyed by the new owner.

Perhaps I was misled by the numbers. I try not to give b-s answers, either. I want to praise good work and hammer shoddy work. I don't want to recommend something that isn't what it is.

Thanks for not taking this to a pee-pee measuring contest.

Ducti Jockey;299743 wrote: I understand your perspective and I can appreciate you extending your knowledge and experience as a tuner. The work was done some time ago and the bike was sold and later destroyed by the new owner.

Perhaps I was misled by the numbers. I try not to give b-s answers, either. I want to praise good work and hammer shoddy work. I don't want to recommend something that isn't what it is.

Thanks for not taking this to a pee-pee measuring contest.
No problem. Htp does good work, you won't go wrong with Cecil. I've sold him engines cases, he's always done what he's said he would.

03bueller

Control Rider
And on a side note, what's the difference between all the dyno's out there, I was reading one site that touts the ec997 dynos as being better that everything else because they measure more that just A/F and list their numbers as "true" HP....

03bueller;299746 wrote: And on a side note, what's the difference between all the dyno's out there, I was reading one site that touts the ec997 dynos as being better that everything else because they measure more that just A/F and list their numbers as "true" HP....
Here is Factoy Pro's claim to fame.

The ironic part is not shops, tuners and builder are using a Dj 250I or near that 200, 200I.

03bueller

Control Rider
I could give a rats hiney what my max hp is, I just want a nice use able torque curve, so pretty much just use whoever the best tuner is regardless of the dyno?

Unbroken13

Well temps never broke 60.. So Cecil canceled my dyno day... Lol... Guess ill be waiting... I hate waiting till the last minute to get things done... See that's what I'm talking about as far as customer service goes... Love companies like that

Now as far as horsepower goes... Lol... I grew up in a race family.. Dirt track oval... Asphalt oval... My dad drove and my brother , uncle and myself pulled wrenches... And such...
He drove his ass off won a shit ton of races and a couple of championships... In various classes late model and modified ... Even super late model.. And now u say "so what's your point" well point is we were shoe string budget guys... Won races on used tires and sub par equipment.. Sure we paid to have a few nice engines built.. But we also built some in the garage.. Either way my dads ability to drive and our ability to set cars up won a shit ton of races.. I don't care how much hp I get... I just want to make sure it's in the ball park and not wasting all the money I spent in all the parts.. Or burning a valve cause the generic ass map I downloading might be running it to lean at the wrong time... Now granted its spitting a blue flame out on decel so lean probably ain't the problem... But hey I like to knoe my shit so I can talk shit... Lol..... As usual thankx for all the info... And color comentary... I love this forum!!!!

03bueller;299752 wrote: I could give a rats hiney what my max hp is, I just want a nice use able torque curve, so pretty much just use whoever the best tuner is regardless of the dyno?

Funny you should say that, 90% of my customers feel the exact opposite. You should also care what type of Dyno is used because without having a Dyno with the proper options, will makes it much harder to tune your bike for its intended urpose.....if at all,and I'm guessing most won't know after it's done if it's correct anyway. I have yet to see anyone in my 18 yrs of working on bikes, show me or post a Dyno sheet showing that their bike is tuned properly. Everyone I've ever seen is wide open throttle, one does not ride at wot all the time on the track. Even what I've posted doesn't show a properly tuned bike.

So at the end of the day, you should care.